Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sawtooth wave oscillator

1. Mar 4, 2008 #1
    Hi, I need to design a sawtooth wave oscillator, and I found this designe from http://hobby_elec.piclist.com/e_ckt17.htm

does anyone can show me how to get the equation, f=(1/2C(R1+R2))x(R3/R4) and also the osillator is valid for what range of the frequency, thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Whether this is homework or not, you need to show some of your own work before we can provide some tutorial help.

What do you think the circuit is doing, and why? What would the logical components of a sawtooth generator be? Are they in that circuit diagram? How would you go about analyzing the circuit, to try to see if the equation listed is correct? What error terms would you think might also need to be accounted for, in addition to the equation? What limitations would there be on the circuit's operating frequency and un-trimmed accuracy?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?