Say Something Extremely Nice/Bad about Yourself(or everyone you want)

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
Lisa!
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

about me:

Nice: having a good memory(esp. for men's mistakes :tongue2: )

Terrible: too impatient :grumpy:
too honest o:)
spending lots of time in GD :uhh:

Answers and Replies

GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
terrible: horrible memory, these days

Lisa!
Gold Member
GCT said:
terrible: horrible memory, these days
Really? You know having a good memory is a trouble somehow esp. if it would be full of useless information. Sometimes I think my memory is full of trashes. :yuck:

GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
but memory is integral to learning e.g. learning from mistakes and to avoid making stupid decisions

Lisa!
Gold Member
GCT said:
but memory is integral to learning e.g. learning from mistakes and to avoid making stupid decisions
Yeah, you're right, but you know my memory keeps any kind of information. I mean even silly memories and information which's told by other people. But who knows perhaps they would be useful 1 day.

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
For some reason I have difficulty remembering people's names. Someone could tell me their name one second and then a second later I completely forget it.

It's really strange too because they could tell me all about their day and I could bring it up a month later with no problem.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
dduardo said:
For some reason I have difficulty remembering people's names. Someone could tell me their name one second and then a second later I completely forget it.

It's really strange too because they could tell me all about their day and I could bring it up a month later with no problem.
Me too! And im always afraid im gonna forget a really good friends name!

rachmaninoff
I forget everyones' names. People get offended at this... they reason that if they've known me for years, I should have learned their name at one point. Also I often forget their face too.

Last edited by a moderator:
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Pengwuino said:
Me too! And im always afraid im gonna forget a really good friends name!
On the way to a friend's house I would sometimes completely forget their name. I would really have to start thinking hard: "What was their name again? What was their name again? A...B...C...D...?"

I mean I could visually picture the person, but the name was completely blank.

Any psychologists with a theory on the name thing?

Last edited:
rachmaninoff
It's extremely common with people I know in mathematics or physics. In PF as well as the real world. I have no idea why.

Laziness, Laziness,laziness, Creativity

Archon
You don't need to worry until you start forgetting your own name. :smile:

Curious3141
Homework Helper
I have a terrible problem with names too. Faces, numbers, events, no prob. Just names. Has proven to be exceedingly embarassing before.

Good: Intelligent.

Bad: Too damn sexy for my own good.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Archon said:
You don't need to worry until you start forgetting your own name. :smile:
who the hell are you?

WHO THE HELL AM I!?!??!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lisa!
Gold Member
dduardo said:
On the way to a friend's house I would sometimes completely forget their name. I would really have to start thinking hard: "What was their name again? What was their name again? A...B...C...D...?"

I agree with Archon! :rofl:
You know I myself suddenly forget a name, but I usually remember it after awhile. But of course it usually doen't happen about people whom I meet.(I forget the name of a movie charachter or a politician for example)Someties I can't remember someone's name because I was noticing about sth else when s/he's introduced to me.
I think everone has different way to memorize thing. For example you can find a relation btw the person appearance and his/her name. For example you meet someone whom her name is Lisa and you try to memorize her name like " Lovely Lisa" :rolleyes: ! Well perhaps this person is really lovely or on the other hand lovely could have an ironic meaning.(I mean She looks terrible :devil: )

honestrosewater
Gold Member
dduardo said:

I recognize your face but I can't remember your name: a simple explanation?. Related Articles.
Don't ask me what they say. :redface: Alan Alda did a show about this and Alzheimer's on Scientific American Frontiers, but I don't remember much from it. You may be able to find it on the show's website if it's more your style. Edit: Here it is - http://www.pbs.org/saf/1402/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: