Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SCAF Solar City Air Filter (help!)

1. Feb 7, 2005 #1
    [SOLVED] SCAF Solar City Air Filter (help!)

Hi people,
    I am working on a this project, SCAF. It's a 3 part tower made of glass with filters around the short upright bottom section, the middle section is of laminated glass and slopes up to the top narrow vertical chimney section. PV panels are plaxed around the sunny side of the chimney section and a small wind turbine inside the chimney. The goal of the project is to use the suns energy to simultaneously filter the air of a city and produce green energy.

What I want to know is if I treat it as a closed system what is the formula to work out pressure difference caused by heat increase? ie 10psi per degree C increase or whatever. Or as it is an open semi-open system is there a formula or chart that shows the pressure difference between the inside and outside at various temperature differences? How can I work this out?
    In your answer please take into account that I have never taken or studied physics.

This project uses the same principle but on a large scale.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. If you want more info on the project and it's status,(first prototype is under construction), check the attachment, unfortunately I haven't translated it so some is in french, well I think I uploaded a file if not let me know.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted