Are Scalar Energy Pendants Safe and Effective for Medical Benefits?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of scalar energy pendants and their safety and medical benefits. The experts in the forum express their skepticism towards these pendants, calling them a scam and emphasizing the importance of relying on scientific evidence rather than pseudoscience. They also offer advice to the person's mother who has been convinced to invest in these pendants. Overall, the conversation highlights the need to be critical and informed when it comes to health products and to avoid falling for false claims.
ngellada
Hello to all,

Greetings! i know there are really great minds here in this forum, I just wanted to know if any of you have heard of these scalar energy pendants? are they safe? and what medical benefits do they give? I work in CT and MRI so i know a little bit of physics. from my understanding it seems like that they produce similar MRI tesla coil energy. any feedback will be great. Is it a scam or is it for real. Thank you in advance.

Norm

Likes nitin tyagi
Physics news on Phys.org
ngellada said:
Hello to all,

Greetings! i know there are really great minds here in this forum, I just wanted to know if any of you have heard of these scalar energy pendants? are they safe? and what medical benefits do they give? I work in CT and MRI so i know a little bit of physics. from my understanding it seems like that they produce similar MRI tesla coil energy. any feedback will be great. Is it a scam or is it for real. Thank you in advance.

Norm

It is more than likely a scam.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_scalar-energy"

Last edited by a moderator:
ngellada said:
I work in CT and MRI so i know a little bit of physics.
Well, in that case remind me to NEVER go to your institution/department.

Are they safe?
Yes, they're some piece of useless rock hanging on your neck.

What medical benefits do they give?
NOTHING. Unless lining the pockets of the people selling them is a medical benefit.

How could you possibly think that anything vaguely like this wouldn't be a scam?! You wear this tacky, ugly, giant necklace and you're just magically cured of everything. All institutionalized science and medicine is the real scam (is that the line of reasoning?)---"medicine" doesn't actually do anything, they just want your money. Rocks around your neck, that's where its at!

thank you for the responses. I am not wearing it , my mother got sucked into it and she's trying to get me to wear one . and that's why I'am here asking the experts.

zhermes said:
Well, in that case remind me to NEVER go to your institution/department.

Are they safe?
Yes, they're some piece of useless rock hanging on your neck.

What medical benefits do they give?
NOTHING. Unless lining the pockets of the people selling them is a medical benefit.
How could you possibly think that anything vaguely like this wouldn't be a scam?! You wear this tacky, ugly, giant necklace and you're just magically cured of everything. All institutionalized science and medicine is the real scam (is that the line of reasoning?)---"medicine" doesn't actually do anything, they just want your money. Rocks around your neck, that's where its at!

thanks zhermes. that was a great response. =). if you don't mind i will forward this to my mother.

Sorry, this is just gibberish/technobabble. It's a bunch of scientific-sounding words thrown together, but don't actually have any meaning.

ngellada said:
thanks zhermes. that was a great response. =). if you don't mind i will forward this to my mother.

You would do well to encourage your mother to invest her time and money in something more reality-based. Scientific literature is a great place to start. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to spot a scam when you understand where reality ends and nonsense begins.

You were good to ask, but it sounds like both you and your mother are in a position to learn a lot more.

1. What is scalar energy?

Scalar energy is a type of energy that is believed to exist in the form of waves, rather than particles. It is known for its ability to penetrate solid objects and has been researched for its potential benefits in various fields, including medicine and wellness.

2. How do scalar energy pendants work?

Scalar energy pendants are believed to work by emitting a field of scalar energy that interacts with the body's energy field. This is thought to help balance and align the body's energy, promoting overall well-being and potentially providing relief from various ailments.

3. What are the benefits of using a scalar energy pendant?

The purported benefits of using a scalar energy pendant include improved energy levels, reduced stress and fatigue, improved sleep, and relief from chronic pain and inflammation. Some people also claim that it can enhance mental clarity and focus.

4. Are there any scientific studies to support the effectiveness of scalar energy pendants?

While there have been some studies on the potential benefits of scalar energy, most of them have been small-scale and inconclusive. More research is needed to fully understand the effects of scalar energy pendants on the human body.

5. Are there any potential side effects of using a scalar energy pendant?

Scalar energy pendants are generally considered safe to use, but some people may experience minor side effects such as headaches, dizziness, or skin irritation. If you experience any discomfort, it is best to discontinue use and consult with a healthcare professional.