Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scalar meson spectroscopy

1. Mar 13, 2007 #1
    I should have done this a long time ago... I have long been working on the problematic scalar meson spectroscopy, and I have come to the personal conclusion that the "conventional" and "light" scalar mesons must be produced by the mixing of pure scalar meson states, pure scalar tetraquark states, and a pure scalar glueball. Other members of the scientific community seem to feel that either the "light" scalars ARE pure tetraquarks, or that they are chiral partners to the pseudoscalar mesons (and hence have masses closer to the eta and eta-prime mesons). Similarly, the community appears equally willing to accept the "conventional" scalars as being purely mesonic states, despite the apparent lack of fitting into the spectroscopic order. Additionally, many authors cannot agree on the identity of f0(1500) or its nearby neighbor f0(1710) insofar as both appear to be possible glueball candidates.

I was wondering if anyone here has an opinion on this topic, or if anyone here strongly agrees or disagrees with my supposition. Furthermore, I would be interested to hear if there are any alternate views on this thought...
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted