What Should I Do About a Scary PF Message from Evo?

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
In summary: Evo, who had apparently forgotten my birthday. He apologized profusely, giving me a gift of a lifetime in the form of four hundred pounds of fresh, flash frozen tuna. Apparently, he had been planning this surprise party for months, and there was no way I was going to be able to escape it. So, with Evo's blessing, I took my final steps into the next phase of my life, and accepted his friend request.In summary, Evo sent a 400# tuna to my house as a birthday gift, and my old friend showed up to try and take it away. I accepted, and now I'm going to be a part of Evo's cult.
Drakkith
Mentor
My PF control panel has some sort of odd message. It reads as follows: "You have a pending friend request from Evo."

I'm scared. What should I do?!?

Physics news on Phys.org
Drakkith said:
My PF control panel has some sort of odd message. It reads as follows: "You have a pending friend request from Evo."

I'm scared. What should I do?!?
Ahahaha!

Accept or suffer the 400 pound tuna drop!

Evo said:
Ahahaha!

Accept or suffer the 400 pound tuna drop!

Hmm. I might be able to survive mostly intact. And I have good reflexes. It's a tough decision...

Drakkith said:
Hmm. I might be able to survive mostly intact. And I have good reflexes. It's a tough decision...
Make that a living great white shark dropped into a tank of water you've been shackled inside of. :grumpy:

And it's hungry. And you're wearing bloody fish parts.

Hmmm, I accepted something like that once, and I was banned three times as a result... So beware...

On the other hand, you don't want to anger the dragon lard. They don't tend to live long...

micromass said:
Hmmm, I accepted something like that once, and I was banned three times as a result... So beware...

On the other hand, you don't want to anger the dragon lard. They don't tend to live long...
But, but..it was an accident, all three times! I swear!

Evo said:
But, but..it was an accident, all three times! I swear!

*shuffles uncomfortable* Sure, no problem. Please don't ban me again :frown:

micromass said:
I can't promise anything, you know how difficult it is to aim the banning gun.

Maybe Evo's hands are slippery from all the au jus. :devil:

Evo said:
I can't promise anything, you know how difficult it is to aim the banning gun.

Is that the one where you can't cross the streams?

turbo said:
Maybe Evo's hands are slippery from all the au jus. :devil:

You mean being covered with au jus right? :devil:

KrisOhn said:
You mean being covered with au jus right? :devil:
Right! Thanks for pointing that out.

micromass said:

Can a mentor ban a mentor?

lisab said:

The question is can a mentor ban an Evo? Only legends and myths remain of the last attempt...

lisab said:

Yes, but it will initiate a chain reaction that will engulf all of known reality.

It's our version of a "Doomsday Device".

Janus said:
Yes, but it will initiate a chain reaction that will engulf all of known reality.

It's our version of a "Doomsday Device".

Sorry, Janus, tried to ban Russ everyday for eight years, but it never worked.

Ivan Seeking said:
:rofl:

Drakkith said:
The question is can a mentor ban an Evo? Only legends and myths remain of the last attempt...

Look, my advice is just to accept the friend request.(All hail Evo!)
I did when I got mine.(All hail Evo!). There is nothing to be afraid of.(All hail Evo!) Nothing bad happened, and life went on as usual.(All hail Evo!). In fact, I've been in a lot more peace since then.(All hail Evo!,All hail Evo!,All hail Evo!)

Ivan Seeking said:

You probably just forgot to unlock the fail-safe.

Janus said:
Look, my advice is just to accept the friend request.(All hail Evo!)
I did when I got mine.(All hail Evo!). There is nothing to be afraid of.(All hail Evo!) Nothing bad happened, and life went on as usual.(All hail Evo!). In fact, I've been in a lot more peace since then.(All hail Evo!,All hail Evo!,All hail Evo!)
:approve:

(All Hail Evo!)

@ OP: Accept or die!

Them 400# tunas are deadly, and I hear she uses the flash-frozen ones since Kansas is so far from the sea.

I have a sad story to tell guys. This morning, before I went out on my morning walk to help the orphan kittens and puppies, a UPS delivery man stopped by. After listening to his life story about how he always wanted to help the needy but was always unable to, I donated several hundred dollars in his name to the local homeless shelter, which of course was full to the brim with women and children unable to fend for themselves, as fighting the wild lions here is exceedingly dangerous.

The package he delivered was my final piece in a new device capable of delivering medicine, food, and water to anyone around the globe in minutes. It also had the full works of Mr. Wikipedia himself stored in each delivery! Now, before I could install this final, critical, extremely sensitive, one of a kind, never to be made again in the history of the world piece, someone rang my doorbell.

When the door opened I was greeted by a large burly man, dressed in black. The kind of man that uses a Boeing 787 turbine engine to trim his impressive beard. This turned out to be none other than Chuck Norris's long lost half-brother Earl the Unkind, who had given up his lifelong rampage after I had plucked a turbine blade from his pinky toe several years earlier. He was in town to collaborate with me on the final key in curing both HIV and Hangnails. After showing me the new test results which showed a nearly 100% success, we had a quick celebratory drink before he returned to finish up the cure.

Now, while Mr. Unkind and myself were just about finished with our dehydrated water, there was a large commotion outside. Running outside we were astounded to see a large blimp which appeared to be attempting to land in my front lawn. After getting the neighborhood kids out of harms way, we proceeded to grab our safety reflective belts and light cones and guide the blimp down to a perfect landing. Earl nearly ran an engine into a house, but a quick hand motion to the left from myself, fingers crossed of course, and the blimp touched down like John Norway in the historic Ice Bowl of O-Seven. (Whom I had personally trained after he lost both hands and a kidney in a tragic petting zoo accident)

After touchdown the door opened up out stepped Steve Jobs, his entrance like Marty McFly getting out of the DeLorean, icy smoke and everything. Astounded, I inquired to how we could help the late, great, Steve Jobs. He explained that he had come back to the future to deliver the key to Moderately Warm Fusion, which would solve the worlds energy crisis once and for all. "Amazing!" I exclaimed, and fetched him a drink.

So there I was, standing in my front lawn sharing a drink with Steve Jobs, Chuck Norris's half-brother, and admiring the new reactor, when all of a sudden a shadow passed over us. Not the normal kind of shadow but the kind you'd imagine happening to someone in a Stephen King novel. I looked up and suddenly it felt like the world had ended. After free falling for a while in what seemed to be complete vacuum, I saw a black-light ahead of me. Knowing myself too well and my inability to resist the glowy goodness that your clothes get underneath a blacklight, I promptly headed in the opposite direction by performing the backstroke motion. After swimming for several minutes I gasped for breath as my body suddenly exploded with pain.

The scene before me when I opened my eyes was complete carnage. The blimp was utterly destroyed, not a shred of blimpiness left in it. The Moderately Warm Fusion device was fused with Earl the Unkind, both of which looked like they had flung themselves over Steve Jobs in a futile effort to save him from the catastrophe. Steve had apparently saw the danger and accidentally choked on his beverage, dying nearly immediately as the effects propagated backwards in time. And probably forwards as well, as we've never seen another Steve Jobs to this day. Now, I luckily had been standing near my telescope, which I had recently used to image the first Extrasolar planet with amateur equipment, and it had taken the brunt of the impact, saving my life. In the middle of this cratery fiery mess, which my house didn't even survive, a man walks up to me and hands me a piece of paper, saying "Here's your bill".

Upon this piece of paper was a bill of $620.92 for "Fresh Hot Smoked Tuna Steaks and a note, written in what appeared to be Unicorn Blood, that said "$620.92 converts to 400 pounds. Your's Truly, Evo". Sure enough, all around me, was the smoked and charred remains of Tuna, with even a little piece of cracker thrown in.

As I stood up and surveyed the wreckage, the lost triumphs of mankind, I have to wonder. To accept, or to not accept.
-Drakkith

*snork* I was going to warn you that it's not the mass of the tuna, but the height it's dropped from that matters, but I'm too late. :cry:

Lol!

1. What is a "Scary PF Message"?

A "Scary PF Message" is a message that appears on the screen of a user's computer or phone, claiming to be from their bank or financial institution, and threatening to close their account or take legal action if they do not provide personal information or click on a link.

2. How do these messages appear on my device?

Scammers can send "Scary PF Messages" through various channels, such as email, text messages, or pop-up windows on websites. They may also use fake phone numbers to call and leave automated messages.

3. What should I do if I receive a "Scary PF Message"?

If you receive a "Scary PF Message," do not respond or click on any links. Instead, contact your bank or financial institution directly to verify the legitimacy of the message. You can also report the message to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

4. How can I protect myself from these messages?

To protect yourself from "Scary PF Messages," be cautious about clicking on links or providing personal information in response to unsolicited messages. Also, make sure to regularly check your bank and credit card statements for any unauthorized charges.

5. Can I recover any money lost due to these messages?

If you have fallen victim to a "Scary PF Message" and have lost money, you can report it to your bank and the authorities immediately. However, it may be challenging to recover the lost funds, so it is crucial to be cautious and vigilant to prevent such scams.