How Should Frequency X and Y Be Described in SCENAR Therapy?

In summary, Phil wanted to know how to describe the voltage and frequency of impulses generated by the scenar device. It seems that the voltage and frequency can be described by a decaying sine wave.
zephiloyd
Hello

I am a SCENAR therapist, and I am looking for clarification on something which has confused me for a while. The SCENAR device stimulates the body to heal itself, by transmitting short impulses (measured in microseconds), which replicate neuro-impulses, the property of the impulse is such that it is able to penetrate the C-fibres in the skin, one impulse is as follows (I have connected it to my oscilloscope):

P1010016a.JPG

The following shows a number of regular impulses on a set frequency 1/Y (ignore the C and D)

P1010001aaa.JPG
A setting on the device allows another impulse to come almost immediately after the first (represented by time X). This is called "intensity", when Int=2, it shows on the oscilloscope as follows.

p10100017.JPG

I would like to know how to describe this resultant frequency in terms of X and Y

Thanks for you help, regards Phil

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Dear Phil,

You'd better post your question on the RITM OKB's forum as they are the patent holders and the manufacturer of the original scenar devices.

Here is the link for their forum http://www.scenar.com.ru/eng/index.php

Best wishes
SCENAR Australia

Thanks, I was going to go there next, although they aren't very active. I wanted an opinion from a scientist, who had nothing to do with scenar.

It seems a simple request, all I want is an equation, surely there must be other scientific equipment where impulses can behave in a similar manner, if so it must be describable using maths.

Regards Phil

Hi Phil,

X (horisontal axis) is time in ms and Y (vertical axis) is Voltage, V

Regards
SCENAR Australia

I should not have used X and Y, any other algebraic characters would suffice.

In my images they are both time in ms

The "impulse" function (not really an impulse ie. dirac delta) can be described by a decaying sine wave. That is a sine wave that quickly dies off and repeats at frequency F.
Where

[tex]\omega[/tex] =[tex]2\pi[/tex] F

Basically:
[tex]Asin\omega[/tex]*e[tex]^{-t/\tau}[/tex]

where A is the maximum amplitude of the voltage, [tex]\omega[/tex] is basically the frequency of the sine wave, and the e[tex]^{-t/\tau}[/tex] defines how fast the sine term decays.

I'm not exactly sure how you would describe the quickly repeated next impulse. Maybe an envelope function similar to an AM radio wave?

Just some thoughts I'm sure someone else can help a bit more.

Closed pending moderation.

1. How does SCENAR technology work?

SCENAR technology works by sending low-frequency electrical impulses to the body's nervous system, stimulating the release of neuropeptides and other natural pain-relieving substances. This helps to reduce pain and promote healing.

2. What conditions can SCENAR technology treat?

SCENAR technology is commonly used to treat a variety of acute and chronic pain conditions, including back pain, arthritis, sports injuries, and fibromyalgia. It can also be used for general wellness and stress relief.

3. Is SCENAR technology safe?

Yes, SCENAR technology is considered safe and non-invasive. It does not involve the use of drugs or chemicals and has minimal side effects. However, it is important to consult with a certified practitioner and disclose any medical conditions before undergoing treatment.

4. How many treatments are typically needed for optimal results?

The number of treatments needed with SCENAR technology can vary depending on the individual and the condition being treated. Some people may experience relief after just one session, while others may require multiple treatments for optimal results. Your practitioner will work with you to develop a treatment plan based on your specific needs.

5. Can anyone use SCENAR technology?

SCENAR technology is generally safe for most people to use. However, it is not recommended for those who have pacemakers, are pregnant, or have certain medical conditions. It is important to consult with a certified practitioner to determine if SCENAR technology is right for you.