Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scene in Guam

1. Aug 25, 2005 #1

Mk

Well, other people are posting pictures of where they've been so I'll post two of Guam!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The first image is looking to the left of my balcony, the second is looking straight out. Kind of like a panorama shot.

If you liked them I post more later. Maybe some of Hawaii or Oklahoma or Florida or whatever.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2005 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

where's the snakes? :grumpy:

guam is supposed to be full of snakes which have eaten all the birds there; WHERE ARE THE SNAKES????

4. Aug 25, 2005 #3

Mk

lol, contrary to somewhat popular belief, you don't see all the snakes if you live in a residential area. They are brown tree snakes, they're brown and live in the trees. They eat bird eggs, so much they have killed off many bird species that weren't tough enough to handle the wrath of the tree snake. The birds they didn't eat are hardcore man, they're about halfway between the size of sparrows and pigeons, and have been known to kill people for tampering with their nest.

5. Aug 25, 2005 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Aww Poor MK, having to live in such an awful place, if you want a nice
    holiday i will swop for two or three weeks.

6. Aug 25, 2005 #5

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Are the snakes edible/gobbleworthy?

7. Aug 25, 2005 #6

Mk

Well, its easier than it looks.

If you're not Filipino or Chamorro (the natives) they aren't, but if you are they are! I've received several recipes recommendations I won't try just yet...

8. Aug 25, 2005 #7
    You can eat any snake, they all taste like..well umm snake.
    What a beautiful place to live MK!

9. Aug 25, 2005 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I guess so.
    BTW, I've heard there are lots of US Marines on Guam.
    Are they gobbleworthy?

10. Aug 25, 2005 #9
    lmao, I am sure Marines are quite a tasty morsel, just be sure to spit out the dog tags, they can wreck havoc on your teeth :rofl:

11. Aug 25, 2005 #10

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

So I should go for the snakes instead, then?

12. Aug 25, 2005 #11

Lisa!

Gold Member

Wow I love birds but I like snakes too because my mother is really afraid of them(she even can't stand them on TV or a phot) and that gives me a chance to bother her sometimes! So what should I do now? Should I hate snakes? :confused: But well there something I'm certain of it: I can't stand :grumpy: arildno ! :grumpy:

13. Aug 25, 2005 #12
    How about Former Marines? :devil: I've gotta warn you though, there's lots of gristle and we bite back.

14. Aug 25, 2005 #13

Mk

Those guys are tough! I've hunted them before. Takes several shots to the head. And they fire back!! They roam in packs and truly are the most dangerous game.

15. Aug 25, 2005 #14
    What in the hell are you doing inside on a computer? Go out and have some fun in that beautiful place :smile:

16. Aug 25, 2005 #15

Mk

I've lived here for many (well not a lot) years, and seen many tropical places and still find the most accesible beach on Anderson Air Force Beach to be the most beautiful beach in the world. Nothing compares. The problem is, I haven't gotten a good picture yet. And I'm afraid I might forget the majestic beauty.

17. Aug 25, 2005 #16

Evo

Staff: Mentor

MK, you need to get away form all that water and come to Kansas, land of tumbleweeds and dirt and green glowing cows. :grumpy:

Great pictures (I'm so jealous). Please post more!!!

18. Aug 25, 2005 #17

JamesU

Gold Member

I heard if you stand on a rock you can see across the state :bugeye:

19. Aug 25, 2005 #18

Mk

Naw, but it is tiny. If Guam was flat, you could easily run the 25 or so miles from tip to tip! But its only about 5 from side to side.

[​IMG]

20. Aug 25, 2005 #19

JamesU

Gold Member

hmmm......I meant kansas but ok :biggrin:

21. Aug 26, 2005 #20

Lisa!

Gold Member

He should invite us to his home! :grumpy:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?