Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sceptisim & debunking forum very polictical

1. Jul 9, 2004 #1
    Sceptisim & debunking forum not really debunking new curttting edge scientific theorys/phemonomen, rather a very policitized right wing trash talk from a social minority. Bring back some sort of science or logical reasoning please if possible.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2004 #2
    Commie! Peacenik! Ged oudda here!!! :grumpy:

4. Jul 9, 2004 #3
    arrogance seems to be like a virus.
    EDIT: ok maybe it is a bit cheesy fucxkwad balls but its true!, at least to me :/, i give up

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  5. Jul 9, 2004 #4
    I must admit i smell a whiff of suppression round here atm, but im going to play nice for now.. :biggrin:

6. Jul 9, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Suppression? No. The only suppression taking place involves violations of the forum rules. I have deleted one spam; which is not allowed. I have deleted posts in violation of PF policy due to foul and abusive language, and I have deleted a few posts that were strangely illegible.

Right wing? Now that's funny! :biggrin: Has anyone noticed my signature?

Oh yes, just in case all of this well considered criticism has ingored the obvious, nearly the entire UFO napster was posted by me. I have spent thousands of hours studying and promoting the subject.

Unfortunately the NSA recently AGAIN reorganized their website, so many of the links in the Napster still need to be corrected.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  7. Jul 10, 2004 #6
    This reminds me of an essay title I had a few years ago: 'Can science be value free? Discuss'.

By the way, I too prefer my politicised debunking trash to come from the left :smile:

8. Jul 10, 2004 #7
    Can I take it that changing my name to "fucxkwad balls" 42 would be okay? To be frank, I think it kinda suits me.

9. Jul 10, 2004 #8

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

you have the freedom to post topics that are "cutting edge scientific theories"...what is stopping you? be pro-active instead of griping about it...

10. Jul 10, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not with me really but I don't think this would violate the forum rules.

I would hope for more class from all of our members.

11. Jul 10, 2004 #10
    Me too. Can't tolerate such filth myself. :grumpy:

12. Jul 10, 2004 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm glad to know it. That sort of thing is just a waste of memory and everyone's time, IMO. The problem I think is that people become very attached to their beliefs. A place like this exposes all of us in ways that can intrude on our personal beliefs. When this happens people can get pretty nasty. I have certainly had my moments in the past, though now I'm perfect. :biggrin:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2004
  13. Jul 11, 2004 #12
    We certainly do get attached to our beliefs, otherwise why believe in them? (A 'spot the chicken/egg' competition).

I think the original assertion the the formum is too right wing is a bit redundant really. I would guess that as hard as we try it is nigh on impossible to separate out our deeper feelings from science. This is probably why we see reputable scientists come to totally different conclusions over the same data.

The main thing is keeping a sense of perspective in such debates, not to mention a sense of humour. Everyone is entitled to their point of view, no matter how ridiculous it appears to us. And I am making the assumption that we are all adult enough to cope with our views being challanged, or being denounced as testicularily challenged (if that's the right term) from time to time. Its a big world and we all have enough room for our various views.

So come on now everybody: join me on the 'emotional intelligence' thread for a big group hug! :biggrin:

(No fascists allowed).

Just kidding! Fascists are welcome too! Bring your own birch! :rofl:

14. Jul 13, 2004 #13
    Just never forget, in your new perfection, who it was who spent hours and hours and hours and hours grinding off those rough edges :-)

15. Jul 13, 2004 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh please, before I'm done with you you'll be praying to Thor for guidance. :biggrin:

16. Jul 13, 2004 #15
    Thor?!?!?!

17. Jul 13, 2004 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hee hee. Really and truly, I met a guy once who does pray to Thor.

18. Jul 15, 2004 #17

Siv

Gold Member

The implicit assumption here is that all right wing trash talk is illogical and un-scientific.
    Reveals your bias quite clearly now, doesn't it ?? :wink: :rolleyes:

19. Jul 15, 2004 #18
    After having studied the paranormal over the last five or so years, I can safely conclude that no political group can claim anything about the other in regards to stupid beliefs.

20. Jul 15, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

Jeez, why Thor? I pray to Odin. Much higher power. Yeah bring on the New-Age Vikings. :wink:

21. Jul 15, 2004 #20
    How about them nazi UFOs then, eh mister? :grumpy:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?