Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stargazing Schedule sequential shots

1. Nov 9, 2007 #1
    Dear Russ_Watters, dear Chemistree,

Thank you so much for your advice, in this system it would be okay to swap the cards, so the DSLR would be the best solution. I just don't know is there any DSLR that can meet the requirements of programming the frame rate (I mean to tell the device that it should take pictures for a few hours at a given fps)
    I was given an advice from a friend to search for somebody who is an expert in programming micro-controllers. With a micro-controller it may be possible to "hack" the DSLR camera....but I am not sure, I've never done things like this.

Many greetings,

Telmerk

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 9, 2007 #2

turbo

Gold Member

If you get a Canon DSLR, you can equip it with a programmable corded timer remote (about $130 US) that lets you schedule sequential shots over a period of 100 hours (over 4 days).

4. Nov 12, 2007 #3
    Dear turbo-1!
    This seems to be the solution! Is it possible to directly buy this thing? Would you please specify me the device?
    If I can make this, the only task would be to change the memory cards time to time. And this is not a problem.

Thank you!

Many greetings,

T the M. :smile:

5. Nov 12, 2007 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook