Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scherrer formula

1. May 29, 2007 #1
    hello! i m the new user to the physics forum. i m working in a summer project now. my project is on the x-ray reflectivity studies of thin films. i want an explanation on scherrer formula. will u please learn me that.
    thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What do you know so far? What learning resources have you used so far?

4. May 31, 2007 #3
    Till now i've studied the book "x-ray diffraction studies of crystals" by A.Guiner. Will u please tell me any other books for reference and please teach me the fundamental idea.

5. May 31, 2007 #4
    hello! is there anyone online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. May 31, 2007 #5

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

?? what's the matter?

7. May 31, 2007 #6

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

8. May 31, 2007 #7
    hello malawi_glenn! thank u for ur suggestions. but can u give me some ideas regarding scherrer formula!
    thanks.

9. May 31, 2007 #8

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well I think you can read throgh the material, and search for more. Then you can come back here and tell us what you have learned, and also more specified questions. I gave you plenty of material I think. Look at the library for books on solid state and X-ray diffraction.

In these forums, questions like "help explain this to me" seldom gives results.(see berkema´s answer). It is much better to tell how what you know so far and your goals etc.

Do you not have a proffessor for this project?

10. May 31, 2007 #9
    hello Berkeman! thanks for ur suggestion. will u please help me in my project!

11. May 31, 2007 #10
    thanks again. ya i have a guide named Dr. P.V. Satyam. But he always remains busy in other works. so i have a lot of problems to face. Hence i need some help from the forum mentors.

12. May 31, 2007 #11

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

But that does not sounds like a good supervisor..
    And I think you can find the info you need on this formula in the references I gave you and the library. Ask what it is you do not understand and what you know so far instead of just shouting "help me".

Last edited: May 31, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?