1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scherrer formula

1. May 29, 2007 #1
    hello! i m the new user to the physics forum. i m working in a summer project now. my project is on the x-ray reflectivity studies of thin films. i want an explanation on scherrer formula. will u please learn me that.
    thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What do you know so far? What learning resources have you used so far?

4. May 31, 2007 #3
    Till now i've studied the book "x-ray diffraction studies of crystals" by A.Guiner. Will u please tell me any other books for reference and please teach me the fundamental idea.

5. May 31, 2007 #4
    hello! is there anyone online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. May 31, 2007 #5

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

?? what's the matter?

7. May 31, 2007 #6

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

8. May 31, 2007 #7
    hello malawi_glenn! thank u for ur suggestions. but can u give me some ideas regarding scherrer formula!
    thanks.

9. May 31, 2007 #8

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well I think you can read throgh the material, and search for more. Then you can come back here and tell us what you have learned, and also more specified questions. I gave you plenty of material I think. Look at the library for books on solid state and X-ray diffraction.

In these forums, questions like "help explain this to me" seldom gives results.(see berkema´s answer). It is much better to tell how what you know so far and your goals etc.

Do you not have a proffessor for this project?

10. May 31, 2007 #9
    hello Berkeman! thanks for ur suggestion. will u please help me in my project!

11. May 31, 2007 #10
    thanks again. ya i have a guide named Dr. P.V. Satyam. But he always remains busy in other works. so i have a lot of problems to face. Hence i need some help from the forum mentors.

12. May 31, 2007 #11

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

But that does not sounds like a good supervisor..
    And I think you can find the info you need on this formula in the references I gave you and the library. Ask what it is you do not understand and what you know so far instead of just shouting "help me".

Last edited: May 31, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?