Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

School season to begin

1. Aug 19, 2008 #1
    Summer is almost over! For many that means preparing for the new school year. I want to stress how important word of mouth is to PF's success. When you get back please tell your teachers, professors and classmates about PF. The more the merrier!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 19, 2008 #2

Defennder

Homework Helper

I told a few of my profs about it and it seems only the younger ones know about it. The older ones, those tenured for over ten years don't know about it.

4. Aug 19, 2008 #3
    Thanks Defennder! Lets get those "veterans" in here :)

5. Sep 4, 2008 #4

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As the UK academic year is just starting, I thought that I'd bump this thread and encourage everyone to tell your friends and teachers/lecturers about PF!

6. Sep 4, 2008 #5
    Just out of curiosity... what "track" do you suggest we use when we bring it up to colleagues (I'm not in school anymore)?

I found this place from a google search on some physics stuff i was working on.

7. Sep 8, 2008 #6
    Just say "hey" this is a great site you should check out. Or while in discussion of a science news story, bring PF up as a source for more information.

8. Sep 8, 2008 #7
    Hi
    I didn't post in PF a lot but I watched many discussions and threads and I learned good things.
    I'll suggest PF to my the best friends even I am not American and English is not my first language.
    Thank you!

9. Sep 8, 2008 #8
    Last quarter, I actually suggested PF to a few of my fellow Engineering students. I know of one for sure that joined for sure! :biggrin: I'll suggest it to more new students to help them maybe. I was struggling at first and PF and some of the members helped me :shy:

10. Sep 10, 2008 #9

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I sent an email to my daughters highschools Calc. and Physics teacher inviting him to visit here and see how we can bentifit the learning experience. Hopefully we can get other parents to do the same.

11. Sep 10, 2008 #10

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Good to hear that people are spreading the word :approve: Keep it up!

12. Sep 11, 2008 #11

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

It seems like a lot of students are finding their way here already at the beginning of the semester. In the past few days we've had a surge in the number of homework problems posted outside the homework forums by first-timers (which the mentors are busy moving where they belong). Their first problem sets must be due this week!

13. Sep 11, 2008 #12

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Its a strange sight after a while without it. You wake up and there has been more than a page worth of new posts in the intro physics homework forum. :eek:

14. Sep 11, 2008 #13

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And a more than a page of redirects in the General Physics forum :grumpy:.

15. Sep 11, 2008 #14

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Looks like they bagged you just in time :wink:

16. Sep 11, 2008 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'd like to also mention that asking for help or posting questions in blogs is NOT the correct place. If you need help, please post in the appropriate Homework Help section.

17. Sep 11, 2008 #16

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

To be honest, because of the time difference I think that me and cristo have a fairly light shift. Doc Al & Zz bear the brunt of shifting homework problems, although cristo is scarily efficient.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?