School Starts Tomorrow: Grumpy Mood Despite Auto Show

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the conversation reveals the speaker's dread for the upcoming school semester, particularly due to their early morning class and long commute. However, they did have a fun experience at an auto show before school starts. The conversation also touches on the speaker's frugality and preference for walking to school rather than paying for parking.
Cyrus
Man, school starts tomorrow. This semester is going to suck. My class is at 8am, and I drive to school. So I have to get up at 6:30 to get there by 8 tomorrow. Man, I hate school. I went to the auto show today to at least have one day of enjoyment before school starts back up. I got to test drive a jeep wrangler on an indoor track. It was cool. We tilted it 30 degrees, up, and side ways and we tilted it down 45 degrees! It was like a roller coaster ride, you are going straight up and see the roof out the windshield, and then you go straight down and see nothing but the ground out the window! : It was cool. ...Still not happy about school though grrrrr :grumpy:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah I start next week, and I have morning classes as well. My commute is a half hour. How long is urs?

45mins with morning traffic.

yikes got me beat

You're just starting again now? Seems pretty late! I have 8 am classes to and I walk to school so I have to get up at 6...I refuse to pay for parking if I don't have to lol.

You're just starting again now? Seems pretty late! I have 8 am classes to and I walk to school so I have to get up at 6...I refuse to pay for parking if I don't have to lol.

Damn, I thought I was cheap. You win.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Damn, I thought I was cheap. You win.

To drive to school everyday, it would cost me about $500 a year to park my car. It's just not worth it to me, I mean it's not that terribly far to walk. I only drive to school if I have a night exam where I would have to walk home at 9:00 at night.

1. What is the cause of the grumpy mood despite the auto show?

The grumpy mood could be caused by a variety of factors, such as stress from preparing for the new school year, feeling overwhelmed with responsibilities, or disappointment with the auto show.

2. How can one improve their mood despite the upcoming school year?

One way to improve mood could be to focus on the positive aspects of the upcoming school year, such as seeing friends, learning new things, and achieving personal goals. Additionally, engaging in activities that bring joy and relaxation, such as exercise or hobbies, can also improve mood.

3. Is there a correlation between attending school and attending auto shows?

There is no direct correlation between attending school and attending auto shows. However, both activities involve being in a social setting and can potentially cause stress or excitement depending on personal preferences and interests.

4. Can the grumpy mood be attributed to sleep deprivation?

Sleep deprivation can definitely contribute to a grumpy mood. It is important to prioritize getting enough sleep, especially during times of increased stress like the beginning of a new school year.

5. How can one manage the stress of starting school and attending an auto show at the same time?

One way to manage stress is to plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities. It may also be helpful to delegate tasks or ask for help from others. Additionally, taking breaks and practicing self-care can also help reduce stress levels.