Facing Fear: A Physics Student's Struggle

• Thread starter daveed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the person is struggling in AP Physics due to careless mistakes on their recent test. They are feeling discouraged but are advised to get more rest, eat well, and review with their teacher to improve for the next test. The conversation ends with words of encouragement and understanding from another person who also had a difficult AP Physics test.
daveed
wow, what comes as a huge surprise is that I am doing quite badly in ap physics. we just got our tests back and i was slaughtered due to really really dumb mistakes, its not that i don't get it but oh wow, to come against carelessness is most disheartening...

physics is what i do... ugh in a huge slump

:frown:

whats to do with the fear... will being scared help next time... *sigh*

Physics news on Phys.org
Awww...buck up little camper. Get a little more rest before the next exam (no late night cramming), eat a hardy breakfast and/or lunch (depending on when your class is), and just try to relax. Careless mistakes happen most when we're tired or jittery. Go over the test with your teacher too, just to make sure you really do understand everything and what you think is a careless mistake really is. Concepts in physics keep building upon one another, so if there's anything you didn't understand for the first test, now is the time to clarify that before the next one comes along. If it is all careless mistakes, then next time just make sure you check and double check your answers. Rather than let it get you down, which really won't help, let this give you the added energy to put double the effort into the next exam. At least it's your own carelessness, that's entirely in your own control to fix, far better than outside the classroom when people have to cope with OTHER people's carelessness. :wink:

I know how you feel. I just had a AP Physics test also (we had ours on Monday). I did not get it back yet but it was a really hard test and I probably did really bad.

1. What is "Facing Fear: A Physics Student's Struggle" about?

"Facing Fear: A Physics Student's Struggle" is a book that chronicles the experiences of a physics student as they navigate the challenges and obstacles of learning and understanding complex physics concepts. It also delves into the student's personal struggles with fear and how they overcome them.

2. How is physics related to facing fear?

Physics is a subject that requires critical thinking, problem-solving, and a strong understanding of mathematical principles. These can be intimidating and overwhelming for students, causing them to feel fear and anxiety. In "Facing Fear: A Physics Student's Struggle", the student learns to apply the principles of physics to overcome their fears and succeed in their studies.

3. What inspired you to write this book?

As a physicist myself, I have seen many students struggle with fear and self-doubt when studying physics. I wanted to share the story of a student who overcame these challenges and succeeded, in hopes of inspiring and encouraging other students who may be facing similar struggles.

4. Is this book only for physics students?

While the book is primarily focused on a physics student's journey, the themes of facing fear and overcoming obstacles are universal and can be applied to any subject or aspect of life. The book can serve as a source of motivation and inspiration for anyone facing challenges and self-doubt in their pursuits.

5. What do you hope readers will take away from this book?

I hope that readers will be able to see that fear and self-doubt are common and normal, but they do not have to hold us back from achieving our goals. By applying the principles of physics, such as problem-solving and critical thinking, we can overcome our fears and succeed in our endeavors. I also hope that readers will be inspired to pursue their passions and not let fear stand in their way.