Schools in Canada that offer Nanotechnology as a grad program?

In summary, there are various schools in Canada and the US that offer graduate programs in nanotechnology, such as University of Washington and IMEC in Europe. However, more specific information on schools that specialize in certain topics in nanotechnology may require further research.
cscott
What are the schools in Canada that offer something in Nanotechnology as a grad program? What about the US?

Physics news on Phys.org
same problem

could u jus mail me if you get any proper reply.i have th e same problem.Lookin for universities in the US and Europe.

nanotek

Really depends on what you are looking for some school do research in certain topics in nanotechnology but only one I know off the top of my head is University of Washington. http://www.nano.washington.edu/index.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to work in Europe, here is the biggest independent research centre for nano and micro electronics :
http://www.imec.be/

marlon

1. What is nanotechnology?

Nanotechnology is the study and manipulation of matter on an extremely small scale, typically at the atomic or molecular level. It involves the use of materials and devices with dimensions in the nanometer range (1-100 nanometers).

2. What are the benefits of studying nanotechnology?

Studying nanotechnology can lead to advancements in various fields such as medicine, electronics, energy, and materials science. It also allows for the creation of new materials, devices, and systems with unique properties and functions.

3. How long does it take to complete a nanotechnology grad program?

The duration of a nanotechnology grad program can vary depending on the specific school and program. Generally, it takes 1-2 years to complete a master's degree and 3-5 years to complete a PhD in nanotechnology.

4. What are some top schools in Canada that offer nanotechnology grad programs?

Some top schools in Canada that offer nanotechnology grad programs include the University of Waterloo, University of Toronto, and University of British Columbia. Other notable institutions include McGill University, University of Alberta, and University of Ottawa.

5. Are there any specific prerequisites or requirements for a nanotechnology grad program?

Each school may have different requirements for their nanotechnology grad program. However, most programs typically require a background in engineering, physics, chemistry, or a related field. Some may also require applicants to have a minimum GPA and relevant research experience.