Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schwinger-Dyson equation help

1. Aug 22, 2008 #1
    in Pages 307-308 of Peskin and Schröeder we find

[tex] \delta S (< \Omega | T( \phi (x1) \phi(x2)..... \phi (xN) | \Omega >)= -\sum_{n=1}^{N}< \Omega | T( \phi (x1) \phi(x2)..i\delta (x-xi)... \phi (xN) | \Omega > [/tex]

they are the Schwinger Dyson equation for the correlation function , my question is , how could i use Wick's theorem to compute the quantity

[tex] < \Omega | T( \phi (x1) \phi(x2)..i\delta (x-xi)... \phi (xN) | \Omega > [/tex] for every 'i'

here [tex] \delta S [/tex] is the functional derivative of the action 'S'

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2008 #2

Avodyne

Science Advisor

Your first equation does not appear in P&S, and I don't understand what you mean by it. Referring to eq.(9.86) on p.307 of P&S, the delta function can be pulled outside the correlation function (since it is just a number, not an operator). Then you are left with a standard correlation function.

4. Feb 25, 2011 #3
    thatis easy , pull the delta functions out of the correlator and then apply wick's theorm by writing out Green functions"feynman's propagators"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?