Sci-Fi Reboots that are lemons

• Thread starter new6ton
  • Start date
Many movies have a science advisor, Ad Astra didn't!

But I note that that appalling Netflix series, Another Life also had a science advisor, and it is a stinker, so I'm thinking that the 'sniff test' is entirely ignored for some productions and applied for others, though how we know which is which in advance, escapes me.

new6ton

Gold Member
I can see the consideration of alternative realities as being what is attractive in SF. But times have changed.
Nowadays, it seems the reality of many incredible things going on that takes away a lot of the attraction from SF. Tons of interesting stuff a few keyboard strokes away. Not sure I understood your point about Bangladesh though.
Maybe I'm mistaken to name Bangladesh as example. I just want to convey that in another country, it's not like the USA the land of the free where you can watch any video and not being killed. In NK, I heard people were killed by watching english movies.

So what I meant was that on earth, it didn't represent the condition of what a normal planet should be. Or planet of the free.

Our future have all possibilities. The fact World War II even happened with hundreds of millions of death meant nothing was watching us, nothing at all. We are on our own.

Last edited:

new6ton

Gold Member
What reboots are you excited to watch coming next year? Me. Its

1. Flight of the Navigator
2. Highlander.
3. Top Gun 2 where they will use the latest stealth fighter
4. The Invisible Man
5. ET Phone Home
6. what other supposedly good ones have you seen reviews of?

Can a jacket made of thermo optics (etc) really make one invisible? To what extend?