Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sci.physics.* - What's with the flurry of posts from those groups?

1. Oct 11, 2006 #1
    What's with the flurry of posts from those groups? :surprised Usually, it's only 5 or 6 pages that I've to go through in the morning, but today it's 11, with most of PF posts buried within the other posts. Is there a way that I could filter the usenet groups posts out?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2006 #2
    In less than half an hour, a couple of pages of unread PF posts has grown to 20! And a page chosen at random displays many instances of the same usenet threads.

I'm sorry to be whining about this right now, with PF admins already facing problems with the "database error," but this is really bugging me.

4. Oct 12, 2006 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Y'know, you CAN delete your own post.

Zz.

5. Oct 12, 2006 #4
    Ah, yes. Thanks, Zz. It's really confusing sometimes, when some forums don't allow you to delete posts, and some allowing until another reply is posted.

6. Oct 12, 2006 #5

DaveC426913

Gold Member

How does this solve the problem? It won't make all the extraneous posts go away...

7. Oct 12, 2006 #6
    I think you're a bit late on the scene. I had triple-posted my second post, with another post apologising for making a mess. :biggrin:

8. Oct 12, 2006 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Ah.
    10char

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?