How to Remove Blue Boxes in SciDAVis Plotting Application?

• Thread starter syberraith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Application
In summary, The user is using SciDAVis on a Debian Linux system to create graphs of functions. The math aspect is functioning properly, but when attempting to change axis labels, a blue box appears and remains even after exporting the plot. The user cannot find a setting to remove the blue box and must resort to using an image editor. However, the blue boxes disappear when the project is closed and reopened, providing some relief to the user.
syberraith
m using SciDAVis on a Athlon based system running Debian Linux. I am try to produce some graph of functions. The math part is working fine. However, when I try to change the axis labels, a blue box forms around the axis label and remains there.

When I export the plot, the blue box is still there. There seems to be an absence of any setting that I can find to turn off the blue box. I can erase it with a image editor, alhtough I'd rather just get rid of it in SciDAVis if possible.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
OK, well as I start making my way up the new app learning curve, I have noticed that if the project is closed then re-opened the blue boxes go away.

One less thing to worry about...

What is SciDAVis Plotting Application?

SciDAVis is an open-source plotting and data analysis application designed for scientists and engineers. It allows users to create high-quality 2D and 3D plots from data sets, as well as perform various statistical analyses.

What operating systems does SciDAVis support?

SciDAVis is compatible with Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems. It is also available in multiple languages, making it accessible to a global audience of scientific researchers.

Is SciDAVis free to use?

Yes, SciDAVis is completely free and open-source. This means that anyone can download and use the application without any cost.

What types of plots can be created with SciDAVis?

SciDAVis offers a wide range of plot types, including line plots, bar charts, scatter plots, histograms, and more. It also supports 3D plots such as surface plots and contour plots.

Can I import data from other sources into SciDAVis?

Yes, SciDAVis allows users to import data from various sources, including CSV, ASCII, and Microsoft Excel files. It also has built-in tools for data manipulation and filtering.