Science/academic radio channel ?

In summary, the speaker is looking for a radio channel focused on science, technology, and academia, but has had trouble finding one that isn't focused on sensational topics. They are open to specific show recommendations and wish for a 24/7 radio dedicated to these subjects. Some suggestions include Quirks and Quarks, Science Friday, The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe, Astronomy Cast, Science Weekly (The Guardian), Science Talk (Scientific American), and Nature Podcast.
Mishra
Hello,

I was wondering if there exists a decent radio channel which main focus would be science/technology and academia ? I'm listening radio pretty much all the time while working, all I could find were "sensational" tech talk show about UFOs, zombies and time travel, nothing serious.

The best would be a radio dedicated to those subjects which I could listen all the time, but I doubt a good one exists. If you have specific shows to advise (I can still make a playlist) I'm also up for it!

Thank you and have a good day.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Mishra said:
If you have specific shows to advise (I can still make a playlist) I'm also up for it!
Quirks and Quarks
Science Friday
The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe
Astronomy Cast
Science Weekly (The Guardian)
Science Talk (Scientific American)
Nature Podcast

thank you very much, I'll look into those. Still no 24/7 radio ?

1. What topics are typically discussed on a science/academic radio channel?

Science/academic radio channels cover a wide range of topics, including current research in various fields, interviews with scientists and academics, discussions about scientific breakthroughs and controversies, and educational programs about specific scientific concepts or theories.

2. How is information verified on a science/academic radio channel?

As with any reputable scientific source, information on a science/academic radio channel is thoroughly researched and fact-checked by experts before being presented to the audience. The hosts and guests on these channels are typically scientists and academics themselves, ensuring that the information being discussed is accurate and reliable.

3. Are there any opportunities for listeners to interact with the content on a science/academic radio channel?

Many science/academic radio channels offer opportunities for listeners to call in or submit questions online during live shows. Some channels also have online forums or social media platforms where listeners can discuss and ask questions about the content. Additionally, some channels may offer internships or volunteer opportunities for students or aspiring scientists to get involved in the production of the programs.

4. How can someone access a science/academic radio channel?

Most science/academic radio channels are broadcasted through local or national radio stations, and can also be found online through streaming services or podcast platforms. Some universities or research institutions may also have their own dedicated channels that can be accessed through their websites or campus radio stations.

5. Are science/academic radio channels biased towards certain scientific theories or ideas?

Science/academic radio channels strive to present unbiased and evidence-based information to their audience. While there may be debates and discussions about different theories or ideas, the content is typically presented by experts in the field and supported by scientific evidence. Listeners are encouraged to critically evaluate the information presented and draw their own conclusions.