Science Advisor: How to Become One

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, becoming a science advisor requires experience in converting foreign threads into flames, showing non-superficial knowledge, and avoiding quarrels with certain members. There is a probability function for becoming a science advisor, which takes into account time employed on PF, number of quarrels, and amount of nonsense said. However, this function may be incomplete as it does not consider the number of times one has angered mentors or posted in scientific forums. The concept of a "Creator" or "Intelligent Designer" may be more non-denominational terms for the forum's "God." The religion forum is currently shut down due to the potential for flame wars.
JamesU
Gold Member
how does someone become a science advisor?

Physics news on Phys.org
You have to have experience in converting foreign threads into flames questioning all what the OP has stated, also you have to show a non superficially knowledge of what you are talking about in order to make the rest of people to believe you are God (like a politician by the way). Also it would be great you to have the least quarrels with Greg of Tom to make them to take you seriously and not believe you are here only for f..ck the rest.

EDIT:

To sum up, if [tex]P[/tex] is your probability of being science advisor, then:

[tex]P\sim \frac{t/N_{q}S_t}{(t/N_qS_t)_{arildno}}[/tex]

where

[tex]
t=[/tex] time employed in PF.
[tex]N_q[/tex] number of quarrels with Tom or Greg
[tex]S_t[/tex] amount of stupid an nonsense things said in upper forums. (GD don't get in this account).

and [tex](t/N_qS_t)_{arildno}[/tex] are the group of variables evaluated in Arildno.

Now my probability function is normalized with you, Arildno. :rofl:

Good luck in your pursuit. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't think your probability function always gives a value between 0 and 1, Clausius2..

See my EDIT above, Cowboy.

But how could you possibly think that I could have a normalizing influence on anything, Clausius2?? :confused:

arildno said:
But how could you possibly think that I could have a normalizing influence on anything, Clausius2?? :confused:

In fact you are the function objective for yommama, an science advisor, the only thing he must do is be equal to you (except of going so far as you when begging Marlon to lend you the P.M. Newton). :biggrin:

He could also try to be equal to marlon or yourself..

arildno said:
He could also try to be equal to marlon or yourself..

Yeah, you have hit the head of the nail of why I posted you as the normalized science advisor:

I AM UNIQUE, nobody can equal me. I am over all the world.

That's sound good, eh? :wink:

Moonbear said:
Wise guys! Apparently there's no accounting for taste in the selection process. :tongue:
I didn't start it; Clausius2 did!

Wait, since I've never even heard of tom or greg, sounds like I am infinitely a shoe in :D

thank you for being serious moonbear...

Pengwuino said:
Wait, since I've never even heard of tom or greg, sounds like I am infinitely a shoe in :D
You've never heard of Tom or Greg?? Tom Mattson is the SuperMentor extraordinaire, and Greg Bernhardt is our esteemed creator! :biggrin:

Tom and Greg, you can just direct deposit the payment into my account.

Moonbear said:
You've never heard of Tom or Greg?? Tom Mattson is the SuperMentor extraordinaire, and Greg Bernhardt is our esteemed creator! :biggrin:

Tom and Greg, you can just direct deposit the payment into my account.

I thought Greg was God?

Zz.

Evo said:
Arildno's post should be a sticky.

Well then, he shouldn't be eating toffee as he's typing here on PF!

<OK, you may smack me now>

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:

Zz.
Really! :grumpy:
I only BEHAVE as slime, I don't eat it..
(and no, I wouldn't marry it, or partner up with it, either)

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
I thought Greg was God?

Zz.
you mean he isn't?!

ZapperZ said:
I thought Greg was God?

Zz.
I think Creator is the PC, non-denominational term. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Arildno's post should be a sticky.
Agreed. :approve:

ZapperZ said:

Zz.

*SMACK* :biggrin: Did everybody take silly pills when I wasn't looking? Where are mine?

Moonbear said:
Did everybody take silly pills when I wasn't looking? Where are mine?
We didn't think you needed any. :biggrin:

(Ah, too late, you already spent your *SMACK* on Zz... :tongue2: )

Clausius2 said:
[tex]P\sim \frac{t/N_{q}S_t}{(t/N_qS_t)_{arildno}}[/tex]

where

[tex]
t=[/tex] time employed in PF.
[tex]N_q[/tex] number of quarrels with Tom or Greg
[tex]S_t[/tex] amount of stupid an nonsense things said in upper forums. (GD don't get in this account).

and [tex](t/N_qS_t)_{arildno}[/tex] are the group of variables evaluated in Arildno.

Now my probability function is normalized with you, Arildno. :rofl:
what about [tex]T_pom[/tex] times you've pissed off mentors? and [tex]T_psf[/tex] Times posted in scientific forums? your equation is wrong. the correct formula is:
[tex]P\sim \frac{t/N_{q}S_t}{(t/N_qS_t)_{arildno}} \div T_pom \times T_psf[/tex]

crap! that would mean that the probability of me becoming a science advisor is 0! :grumpy:

Moonbear said:
I think Creator is the PC, non-denominational term. :biggrin:

Wouldn't Intelligent Designer be even more non-denominational? :wink:

honestrosewater said:
We didn't think you needed any. :biggrin:

(Ah, too late, you already spent your *SMACK* on Zz... :tongue2: )
Darn! I'll have to be more careful where I spend my *SMACK*s in the future. :grumpy:

jtbell said:
Wouldn't Intelligent Designer be even more non-denominational?

Well...oh, wait, I already used my "Get out of Banning Free" card too. :grumpy: I really shouldn't squander these things away.

How many Gods do we have around here? I met 1 guy who claimed he was God in "Politics and World Affairs" yesterday!

PS:Finally I find out why "God" thread in philosophy forum's closed.

on a subject related to philosiphy, can anyone post in the religeon forum? it looks as though nobody can... -_-

yomamma said:
on a subject related to philosiphy, can anyone post in the religeon forum? it looks as though nobody can... -_-
The religion forum is shut down.
The threads there developed too easily into flame wars.

[voice=pouty]crap![/voice]

arildno said:
I think they're only kept visible as evidence of why we don't allow religious discussion anymore.

arildno said:
What about oher forums? You mean they aren't the same? :uhh:

1. What qualifications do I need to become a science advisor?

To become a science advisor, you typically need a graduate degree in a scientific field such as biology, chemistry, or physics. Some positions may also require additional education or experience in a specific area of science, such as environmental science or public health. Strong communication and critical thinking skills are also important for this role.

2. What does a science advisor do?

A science advisor is responsible for providing scientific expertise and advice to decision-makers in government, industry, or other organizations. This can include analyzing data, evaluating scientific research, and communicating complex scientific concepts to non-scientific audiences.

3. How do I gain experience as a science advisor?

There are several ways to gain experience as a science advisor. You can start by volunteering or interning with organizations that focus on science policy or advocacy. You can also seek out opportunities to work on projects or research that relate to your area of expertise. Networking with other professionals in the field can also help you gain valuable experience and connections.

4. Are there any specific skills or qualities that are important for a science advisor?

In addition to a strong scientific background, a successful science advisor should possess excellent communication skills, critical thinking abilities, and the ability to work well in a team. They should also be able to stay up-to-date with current scientific research and have a strong understanding of how science intersects with policy and decision-making.

5. What are the career prospects for science advisors?

The demand for science advisors is expected to continue to grow as the need for evidence-based decision-making increases. Science advisors can work in a variety of industries, including government, non-profit organizations, and private companies. With experience and expertise, science advisors can also advance to higher-level positions, such as chief science officer or science policy analyst.