1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science based games for children

1. Jul 10, 2005 #1
    I couldn't really find a forum in which this problem could fit so I try to post it here.
    I have to prepare a science based (physics, math, chemistry) game/competition for children aged 9-13. It should be about some funny and exciting experiments, solving various problems in mentioned fields. The problem is I'm out of ideas. I was thinking about doing something with ciphers and cryptography, maybe to make some simple steam engine for a boat and then race, ... something like that,...
    Does anybody have a good idea for this kind of games?
    Internet resources would be also helpful.
    Thanks a lot.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2005 #2
    Personally I would go dangerous and see what explosion could be made and why. Using teh chemisrty side of things really.

I did have to do this idea myself but I ended up doing a maths board game that involved going back [tex]\sqrt[3]{2^2 \times 2}[/tex] times. It was pants.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?