1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science Books on Amazon

1. Mar 30, 2007 #1
    Can someone reccomend me a science book or two on Amazon that I can buy that I can use to study for University and topics covered on the ACT test?

thank you for any help!!
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2007 #2
    anyone know?
  4. Apr 6, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

What's the ACT test? Do you know the syllabus of the ACT test? What do you intend to study at university?

You need to be a lot more specific before someone can help you!
  5. Apr 6, 2007 #4

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

To study specifically for the ACT (or SAT, SATII, etc.), you should pick up a study guide specifically for that test. There are many to choose from. Those from Princeton Review are popular.

College texts are another matter. If you want to get a head start on college physics, you might pick up a copy of Halliday and Resnick. If you want to go cheap, pick up a used copy from the 70's or 80's (it was 2 volumes), the physics is unchanged. Make sure to study calculus (with vectors, Gauss's theorem, etc.) at the same time if you don't already have a solid grounding.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?