1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science & Business

1. Nov 3, 2008 #1
    I have been wondering what a good tactic is to follow. I am currently doing and undergrad in science and hope to continue on to a Professional school in Biotechnology (MBiotech) since it is cheaper than most MBAs that I know of. My goal is to one day start up my own firm in the Biotech industry, or help out a new start up so I would like to get some business background which is what the MBiotech program was designed for.

My question is if this is a good idea? Or would an MBA be better in order to do a senior executive position somewhere? Thanks for your inputs.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2008 #2
    Well, MBA's are primarily valuable as a tool to network. If you plan on going Biotech and only Biotech, I'd think the MBiotech would be more useful. My knowledge is limited about that school though.

4. Nov 6, 2008 #3
    well, what kind of business magazines do you read?

5. Nov 6, 2008 #4
    Hi, I probably do plan on sticking in the Biotechnology Industry because the field has a very large potential to impact lots of other fields and industries. As for what magazines I read, I primarily follow up on Canadian Business and Business Week. I don't really subscribe to magazines, I just rather follow up any articles that are online. I also do not read the articles every second I get, but from time to time or if I stumble upon something good on the site.

If you don't mind me asking, why exactly have you asked me what magazines I read?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?