Science Fair Ideas - High School Level Ideas Needed

Yes, I did some searching but couldn't find anything that really stood out to me. I'll try your search terms and see what I can find.In summary, the conversation revolved around the announcement of a school science fair for the physics final. The participants were having trouble coming up with suitable ideas for their project, with one suggesting a rail gun or coil gun but unsure of its appropriateness for school. Another suggested using the search term "high school science fair projects" to find more options.
Roninator
Hey guys, our teacher just announced that for our physics final this year we will be participating in our first ever school science fair (ooohhh!)

Anyways, I've been searching for an hour or so and can't really come up with any decent ideas with myself. The project has to be "high school" level, so not too easy but also nothing really expensive or too complicated.

I had thought about trying to make a rail gun or coil gun, but I'm not sure if that would be completely appropriate for school.

If anyone has some suggestions please throw them out!

Physics news on Phys.org
Roninator, Welcome to Physics Forums!

Have you done this search and not found a suitable project yet? I used the search terms “high school science fair projects” in Google and found HUNDREDS of projects.

Bobbywhy

What are some popular categories for high school level science fair ideas?

Some popular categories for high school level science fair ideas include biological sciences, physical sciences, engineering and technology, environmental sciences, and social sciences.

What are some examples of high school level science fair ideas in the biological sciences category?

Some examples of high school level science fair ideas in the biological sciences category include studying the effects of different nutrients on plant growth, investigating the effectiveness of natural remedies for common illnesses, and comparing the behavior of different animal species.

What are some examples of high school level science fair ideas in the physical sciences category?

Some examples of high school level science fair ideas in the physical sciences category include building and testing a solar-powered car, exploring the properties of different types of light waves, and investigating the effects of different types of exercise on heart rate.

What are some examples of high school level science fair ideas in the engineering and technology category?

Some examples of high school level science fair ideas in the engineering and technology category include designing and building a prosthetic limb, creating a water filtration system, and developing a new type of sustainable packaging material.

What are some tips for coming up with a unique and successful high school level science fair idea?

Some tips for coming up with a unique and successful high school level science fair idea include choosing a topic that you are passionate about, conducting thorough research, and thinking outside of the box to come up with a creative and innovative project. It can also be helpful to seek advice from teachers, mentors, or other experts in the field.