1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science fair theories: Need help!

1. Mar 12, 2005 #1
    hi, i'm a junior getting a head start on next year's school science fair, and i have some things i need answered, as to: Will these work?

idea one: Disprove the concept of time by constructing a chamber where time progresses more slowly than its surroundings, relatable to cryoresearch

idea two: cryobiology and preservation: build a vacuum chamber, pump out the oxygen and replace it with liquid nitrogen, have a plant or somehting inside and study the decomposition compared to a plant left at STP, in theory, The chamber's temperature will be as close to absolute zero as i can possibly get it and thus maybe put the plant in a state of suspended animation.

Keep in mind I have no clue what I'm talking about, this is my theory based on what i learned in chemistry this year, I know little about physics.

Please help me... please?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted