Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science fair theories: Need help!

1. Mar 12, 2005 #1
    hi, i'm a junior getting a head start on next year's school science fair, and i have some things i need answered, as to: Will these work?

idea one: Disprove the concept of time by constructing a chamber where time progresses more slowly than its surroundings, relatable to cryoresearch

idea two: cryobiology and preservation: build a vacuum chamber, pump out the oxygen and replace it with liquid nitrogen, have a plant or somehting inside and study the decomposition compared to a plant left at STP, in theory, The chamber's temperature will be as close to absolute zero as i can possibly get it and thus maybe put the plant in a state of suspended animation.

Keep in mind I have no clue what I'm talking about, this is my theory based on what i learned in chemistry this year, I know little about physics.

Please help me... please?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted