Science Humor: A Wide Selection

In summary: This is because the light is being pushed down by the water. The dark is occupying more space and is therefore heavier.
How many Nobel Prize laureates does it take to change a lightbulb?

Three.

:D

Likes mfb, Medicol, collinsmark and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:
How many Nobel Prize laureates does it take to change a lightbulb?

Three.

:D
:p

Borek said:
Why do feel like this gif can get me banned?
hahahha

you should know better ;)
nice one

Dave

hA9409A2C.jpg

http://scoopertino.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/apple_water_page.jpg

source

Likes Soniteflash, Enigman, OmCheeto and 1 other person
amLP102_700b.jpg

Likes dkotschessaa, collinsmark and OmCheeto
Enigman said:
hA9409A2C.jpg

I was checking the etymology of micturition on etymonline, and the usually dry, academic and to the point analysis is followed by this oddly emphatic description:
"As during the final 20 minutes of a 4-hour film after drinking a 32-ounce Mountain Dew from the snack bar and the movie ends with a drawn-out farewell scene while Frodo is standing on the pier and wavelets lap audibly on the dock the whole time as if the director was a sadist set on compounding your torment."
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=micturition&allowed_in_frame=0

Likes Enigman and OmCheeto
aLQ1YA5_460s_v1.jpg

10177524_919850021367322_6541826501135155413_n (1).jpg

Likes bigfooted, OmCheeto, davenn and 5 others

• Haha
Likes Demystifier, dkotschessaa and OmCheeto
hxGNi.gif

Likes davenn and collinsmark
hahaha creative :)

KGrV41o.png

Likes Swap123, zoki85 and Bandersnatch
^ lol slithering

What do you say after Thanksgiving dinner?
$$\frac{\sqrt{-1}}{2^3}$$

• Haha
Likes Demystifier
Enigman said:
What do you say after Thanksgiving dinner?
$$\frac{\sqrt{-1}}{2^3}$$
Mostly because $$\frac{\sqrt{-1}}{2^3}π$$

• Haha
Likes Demystifier
2452611871_2986fa2513.jpg

• Wow
Likes Borg
Would not drink, looks radioactive.

mfb said:
Would not drink, looks radioactive.
And acidic.
It's even indicated on the poster where the people are getting burned.

Refused to be friend……

Attachments

• 1419125738394.jpg
    1419125738394.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 671
Likes SpanishOmelette
If a vegetarian diet is good for losing weight then why do people use grain to fatten pigs and cows ?

Medicol said:
If a vegetarian diet is good for losing weight then why do people use grain to fatten pigs and cows ?
Because feeding them pork and beef doesn't make sense. :oldeyes:

Layman: Dear Einstein, please explain Theory of Relativity to me!
Einstein: Sorry I cannot - I have not yet read my books about it !

Likes Silicon Waffle
How does a mathematician or a physicist prepare tea?
Both of them pour water into the pot, light the flame, boil the water, infuse the leaves.
What is the difference in the solution, if the pot is already filled with water?
The physicist lights the flame, boils the water, infuses the leaves.
The mathematician pours the water out, thereby reducing the problem to the previous, already solved one.

Likes SpanishOmelette and dragoneyes001
641_to_infinity.png

Likes SpanishOmelette, Bandersnatch, collinsmark and 1 other person
M Grandin said:
Einstein passed by and said: "Sorry you are all wrong! At least one sheep has black wool on one side at this moment !"

Then the conductor showed up and said "It is not a sheep - it is our fireman who has escaped from his duty!"

Einstein: "I also had a feeling this inertial frame of moving train was decelerating!"

Hello, I think I thought of a punny joke. Got some open flack on facebook, but I'll give it a try around these parts.
Let’s just assume that all energy exhibits photon-like behavior until it is subject to activity within a field space, at which point it is usurped into some sort energy conveying system such as an electron or proton. These systems manifest in larger systems of energy called atoms and molecules, which in turn constitute systems with even greater complexity, such as cells and organisms.

The question now is, what causes a photon to participate in an electron?

This is my new cat Torque. Why Torque? Because cats live in the Moment.

Torque.jpg

1428499750-20150408.png

Likes SpanishOmelette, nuuskur and DrClaude
Amateur Mathematical joke.

How does 5 feel when two is taken away from it?
Free.

Likes davenn
Einstein was selling watches and Newton apples on the market.
Newton to Einstein: "Do you really believe people want buying watches that are both slowering and
weighing more while travelling?"
Einstein: "And do you believe people want fallen fruit?"

Last edited:
Likes Enigman and nuuskur
The next post will be gold.

Au.I am sorry. I really am.

Likes DennisN
<h2>1. What is science humor?</h2><p>Science humor is a type of comedy that uses scientific concepts, theories, and principles to create jokes and make people laugh.</p><h2>2. Why is science humor important?</h2><p>Science humor can make complex and sometimes intimidating subjects more approachable and enjoyable. It can also help scientists and non-scientists alike to see the lighter side of science and appreciate its role in our lives.</p><h2>3. What makes science humor funny?</h2><p>Science humor often uses wordplay, puns, and references to scientific concepts or experiments to create jokes. It can also poke fun at the stereotypes and quirks of scientists and their work.</p><h2>4. Are there different types of science humor?</h2><p>Yes, there are many different types of science humor, including jokes, memes, cartoons, and parodies. Some may be more visual, while others rely on clever wordplay. There are also different subcategories, such as biology humor, physics humor, and chemistry humor.</p><h2>5. Can anyone appreciate science humor?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can appreciate science humor, regardless of their level of scientific knowledge. While some jokes may require a basic understanding of scientific concepts, many are relatable and funny to a wide audience.</p>

1. What is science humor?

Science humor is a type of comedy that uses scientific concepts, theories, and principles to create jokes and make people laugh.

2. Why is science humor important?

Science humor can make complex and sometimes intimidating subjects more approachable and enjoyable. It can also help scientists and non-scientists alike to see the lighter side of science and appreciate its role in our lives.

3. What makes science humor funny?

Science humor often uses wordplay, puns, and references to scientific concepts or experiments to create jokes. It can also poke fun at the stereotypes and quirks of scientists and their work.

4. Are there different types of science humor?

Yes, there are many different types of science humor, including jokes, memes, cartoons, and parodies. Some may be more visual, while others rely on clever wordplay. There are also different subcategories, such as biology humor, physics humor, and chemistry humor.

5. Can anyone appreciate science humor?

Yes, anyone can appreciate science humor, regardless of their level of scientific knowledge. While some jokes may require a basic understanding of scientific concepts, many are relatable and funny to a wide audience.