Science One-liners and Quotes

• Thread starter Mattara
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, the conversation discussed various science one-liners and quotes that are funny and interesting. Some examples included "In the world of science, no one can hear you scream," "Back off man, I'm a scientist," and "In this house, we obey the laws of Thermodynamics."
Mattara
What is your favourite Science One-liners and Quotes? Do you have some funny/interesting ones?

Mine is:

"In the world of science, no one can hear you scream"

Physics news on Phys.org
Let's see :

1) Seen on a T-shirt in Real Genius (I think) : "What part of (the Navier-Stokes equation in full triple integral glory) don't you understand ?!"

2) Ghostbusters : too many quotes, but here's one :
"Back off man, I'm a scientist !"

3) The Simpsons : (when Lisa builds a perpetual motion machine) Homer :"In this house, we obey the laws of Thermodynamics !"

Back off man, I'm a scientist !
Oh I like that one.

http://www.sciencecartoonsplus.com/miracle.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen written on a dormroom door whiteboard

"Heisenburg MAY have slept here"

Curious3141 said:
3) The Simpsons : (when Lisa builds a perpetual motion machine) Homer :"In this house, we obey the laws of Thermodynamics !"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I cracked up when i heard that one!

Physicists do it in superpositions with explicit free-body diagrams.

Professor to aspiring female math student:

"HEY! How would YOU like to integrate my NATURAL LOG!?"

(the student: *:yuck:*)

1. What is the importance of using one-liners and quotes in science?

One-liners and quotes in science can serve as a quick and concise way to summarize complex concepts or ideas. They can also help to make scientific information more memorable and engaging for a wider audience.

2. How can one-liners and quotes be used in scientific research?

Scientists can use one-liners and quotes as a way to summarize their findings or to add a memorable and impactful conclusion to their research. They can also use them to inspire further research or to highlight the significance of their work.

3. Are there any famous one-liners or quotes from scientists?

Yes, there are many famous one-liners and quotes from scientists, such as Albert Einstein's "Imagination is more important than knowledge" and Marie Curie's "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

4. How can one-liners and quotes be used in teaching science?

One-liners and quotes can be used as a way to introduce a new topic or to spark interest and curiosity in students. They can also be used as discussion prompts or as a way to summarize key points in a lesson.

5. Can one-liners and quotes be used in all areas of science?

Yes, one-liners and quotes can be used in all areas of science, from biology and chemistry to physics and environmental science. They can also be used in interdisciplinary fields such as biochemistry and neuroscience.