Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science-related smilies?

1. Feb 18, 2013 #1
    I often have problems finding the right smiley to express the right nuance or implied interpretation of what I mean. An example of this is that, being a science forum, I find the lack of a "Muuhahaha" mad-scientist cackle somewhat frustrating. In addition, the "devil" smiley just doesn't have that gloating, evil, anticipatory smile that I find truly expresses my soul. Furthermore, there is no chemist with a test-tube, biologist with a microscope or butterfly net, physicist with a A-bomb (in fact,that would make a nice background to the muuhahaha smiley) or anything really science related ... not even an Einstein!

Is there any chance of adding some science-related smileys to the current set?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You can always google the smiley you want and then insert it in the post by using the

Code (Text):

[PLAIN]...[/PLAIN] [Broken]

tags.

For example th_Einstein.gif

I doubt that the demand is big enough to actually implement it in our forum. Well, maybe Greg is really bored :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Feb 18, 2013 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Please, no more smileys. faint.gif

5. Feb 18, 2013 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Feb 18, 2013 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

7. Feb 18, 2013 #6

strangerep

Science Advisor

I wouldn't mind a few more. Sometimes the russian-roulette icon of the guy blowing his brains out suitably captures my mood...

8. Feb 19, 2013 #7

9. Feb 19, 2013 #8

10. Mar 12, 2013 #9

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's not science related as such but I'm wondering where this one came from? An older version? http://physicsforums.bernhardtmediall.netdna-cdn.com/images/icons/icon6.gif [Broken]

:cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook