Exploring Science Without Math: A Self-Taught Scientist's Journey

• Thread starter Tue Sorensen
  • Start date
In summary, "Exploring Science Without Math: A Self-Taught Scientist's Journey" follows the story of a self-taught scientist who challenges the traditional belief that math is essential for understanding science. Through his own experiments and research, he demonstrates that it is possible to explore and discover scientific concepts without relying on mathematical equations. This journey highlights the importance of curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in the pursuit of scientific knowledge. It also challenges the notion that one must have a formal education in order to make meaningful contributions to the field of science. Overall, the book serves as an inspiration for those who may feel intimidated by math but are passionate about exploring the wonders of the natural world.
Tue Sorensen
Hello, just introducing myself. I am 44 and have always been a self-taught science buff. Sadly, I'm not good at math, so I'm mostly into popular science (I studied biology for a while, and still adore most aspects of especially evolutionary biology). But I am trying to educate myself about physics and cosmology despite not knowing any particular math, and I hope to discover that it's possible to understand quite a bit about the laws of nature even so! I will ask questions on these forums whenever I need something explained - looking forward to it!

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! Doesn't physics require a lot of math - I mean if you're a practising physicist? Or can a physicist actually get by with computer calculations these days?

Tue Sorensen said:
I mean if you're a practising physicist?
That I am not :)