1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science withou borders

1. Jul 7, 2013 #1

Rolen

Gold Member

Here's the deal. I'm trying to choose which university to do exchange. I do research on mathematical-physics. So, which country has the better opportunity for me, UK or US, or even another one.
    Yes, I know, this is a very general question, but any advice will be very useful for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2013 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey Rolen.

What is important to you? What do you want to get out of the exchange (both academically and non-academically)?

4. Jul 7, 2013 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

My advice would be to look more at specific schools and specific programs than going by something as general as the country they are in. Within any country there are good programs and not so good ones. And the degree of goodness is a subjective parameter that varies from person to person.

Why not start out by trying to figure out what your best case experience would be in an exchange. What would you learn? What connections would you make? How much would it cost you? What would you do with your down time? Then select a program that most closely matches what you're hoping to get?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook