Scientific evidence to prove religions?

In summary, this website makes some interesting assertions about Quranic science, but I remain highly skeptical.
ziad1985
Scientific evidence to prove religions??

Since there is already another thread taking into count religion and science,I thought of posting this thread here.
I found this site actually from a link from a commercial on the main site here.
The auther clearly trying to prove a religion by using scientific stuff (general relativity , ...)
I've read the site, and saw what text he used from the Quran , I've read them in arabic it seem that the info translation from arabic to english is valid,but I'm more concernd on how did he used them.
Info twisting seem very wide these days...
what do you think?
what can you say about his work on the site?
http://www.speed-light.info/islam/relativity_quran.htm

Physics news on Phys.org
Well the author makes some interesting assertions with regarding to interpreting specific words in Qu'ran. That does not seem very scientific.

I am skeptical of 'exactly' 12000 lunar orbits right away.

I remain highly skeptical. :rolleyes:

BTW - this thread could be close to becoming a religious discussion rather than a scientific one, which would violate the agreements/rules of PF. Hopefully discussion/criticism/disputation will be limited to the claims or method, and will not evolve into a religious discussion.

the only interest i have is regarding the science involved , that's it.
As for the 1200 lunar well arabs at that time used lunar calendar ,the lunar year it's about 11~12 days shorter then normal year.

The science involved is "crackpottery". There are several outright mistakes, in addition to subtle ones, from this website.

Examples:

But according to Einstein's theory of General Relativity, the velocity of light varies with the intensity of the gravitational field, that is, this is not the speed of light inside gravitational fields.

Special Relativity says that the speed of light in vacuum is constant. But "vacuum" does not only mean outside matter but also means outside gravitational fields; that is, if you are in a gravitational field then you are not in vacuum even if there is no air around you. In this case special relativity does not hold.

etc...etc.

I have come across this site before and had the strong impression that whoever wrote this could only "copy" what was said without understanding the content of the physics.

Please note that our Guidelines strictly prohibit advertizing crackpot websites such as this.

Zz.

Last edited:
I just re-read the guidlines just now,and I'm not advertizing i just saw it as in ad on the main page,it got my attention immediatly.

The link also violates our "Religious Discussion" guideline as it clearly proclaims the superiority of one religion over another.

ziad, thanks for alerting us to the link in the advertisement you found on this site. Anytime you find an advertisement here that is questionable, please notify a moderator so we can take appropriate action.

1. What is scientific evidence to prove religions?

Scientific evidence to prove religions refers to any data, experiments, or observations that support the claims and beliefs of a particular religion. This evidence can be gathered through various scientific methods, such as archaeology, genetics, and neuroscience, to show that certain religious events or concepts are historically accurate or have a biological basis.

2. Can scientific evidence and religious beliefs coexist?

Yes, scientific evidence and religious beliefs can coexist. While science and religion may seem to contradict each other, they are not mutually exclusive. Many scientists and religious individuals believe that science and religion can complement each other, and that both can offer valuable insights into the mysteries of the universe.

3. How do scientists evaluate religious claims?

Scientists evaluate religious claims using the same rigorous methods and principles that are applied to any scientific study. This includes gathering evidence, conducting experiments, and using critical thinking and peer review to assess the validity and reliability of the claims. However, since religious beliefs are often based on faith and not tangible evidence, they cannot be proven or disproven by science alone.

4. What types of scientific evidence have been used to support religions?

There are many types of scientific evidence that have been used to support religions. For example, archaeologists have found physical evidence of religious events and figures, such as the remains of ancient temples or artifacts with religious symbolism. Genetic studies have also shown links between religious beliefs and certain genetic markers. Additionally, neuroscience has revealed how religious experiences can affect the brain, providing a scientific explanation for spiritual experiences.

5. Is scientific evidence necessary to believe in a religion?

No, scientific evidence is not necessary to believe in a religion. Religious beliefs are often based on faith and personal experiences, rather than scientific evidence. While scientific evidence may offer support for certain religious beliefs, ultimately, belief in a religion is a personal choice and does not require scientific validation.