1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scientific job

1. Jul 24, 2011 #1
    Hi,

I have the following problem probably you can give me some comments because of
    your experience. When I start a job in physics and I think that the task is not related
    to my present knowledge so I worry too much. Previously I got a postdoc and I was
    under pressure almost all the time. I start thinking about the duration of the project
    (which is commonly for one year) and I think that maybe after one year my contract
    wouldnt be renewed and several other things more.

I really like doing research I mean reading scientific papers, looking for information,
    developing mathematics, learning. I also like teaching.
    But my problem is that I am thinking always about the time and the number of papers
    I should publish. Most of the time when I receive a new project I get stressed because
    I think that I wouldnt be able to perform the tasks. I think I wouldnt have these thoughts
    if I didnt have the time and publications factors present. One of the things I think
    is what would happen if my contract is not renewed, where would I go?

I wanted to ask you if you have been in a similar situation before and if you have some
    comments,

Regards.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted