1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scientific reports

1. Aug 23, 2007 #1
    I am writing a science based report on cantilevers. My question is that,

when I draw designs, does it have to be proportional/scaled if its just in the report as a presentation or does it not matter? I was thinking that becasue my structures are small, 43 cm by 15 cm, I could scale it to fit a 8" by 5" paper. But then when I tried placing the images on my report, it was difficult to decipher what the image was.. So is it important if the drawings are scaled for presentation?

thank you
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2007 #2
    Hi there,

My suggestion would be to have the measurements and the scales correctly printed, even though it is just a presentation in the report. By the way, you have nothing to loose if they are not graded, but what is those small miniture things matters to the examiner ? Anyway, did you check with your prof/lect/tutor ? By the way, try printing your image in a landscape view instead of potrait , have you tried it before ?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?