Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. May 13, 2004 #1

Umm... Whats the relations between PF and Sciforum? friendly gathering or foes? or just another interesting place to view some thoughts...
  2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2004 #2
    How strange it is to see our very learned and well respected Canute asking beginner buddhist question on that forum and saying "name calling......suits you", and there are references to Zero and The Professional as well :eek: .
    Last edited: May 13, 2004
  4. May 13, 2004 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just another science forum. I think they've been around a hare longer than we have, but they haven't done any software switches which is why their membership seems higher.

They also don't moderate posts for content or behaviour as much as we do here, so they've got many more resident crackpots and flamewars.

I think Greg has had a few conversations with their webmaster about various topics, and he's friendly AFAIK.
  5. May 13, 2004 #4
    Really, what part. I hope It's not something bad.
  6. May 13, 2004 #5
    Th main difference is a complete lack of moderation there. It's much like usenet.
  7. May 14, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

tch inferior. There is no general discussion forum there.
  8. May 17, 2004 #7
    From the numbers I see Religion and World events riddled with much more posts than any science related discussion... I think they assume General discussion to be "Free thought" which occupies their 107,195 topics...
  9. May 17, 2004 #8
    They are out to get us..... *looks about nervously*

Lets pillage and plunder their forum and steal their members for the glory of Physics Forums! :devil:
  10. May 18, 2004 #9

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Or to the detriment of PF?!
  11. May 18, 2004 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Something like that. That could be our warcry. I got my plundering sack and pillaging axe ready!! And my tin hat. Time to go a-viking!!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?