Improving Flawed Scooter Models: Identifying and Fixing Design Issues

• Thread starter Mordrago
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scooter
In summary, the conversation discusses the need to improve models of a scooter and identify any flaws. There is a lack of equations, and it is suggested that bearings may be an issue but there could be multiple problems. The user is asked to find and post more flaws with the possibility of receiving hints or questions to assist in solving the problem.
Mordrago

Homework Statement

I have models of scooter with some flawes made on purpos. I must improve this, and point all flaws.

Homework Equations

Lack of equations.

The Attempt at a Solution

In my opinion, we do not have bearings here. However I think it's not just one problem.

Attachments

• hulajnoga.png
    hulajnoga.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 391
  • hulajnoga_rysunek.png
    hulajnoga_rysunek.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 433
  • hulajnoga_rysunek_czysty.png
    hulajnoga_rysunek_czysty.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 443
Physics news on Phys.org
Mordrago said:

Homework Statement

I have models of scooter with some flawes made on purpos. I must improve this, and point all flaws.

Homework Equations

Lack of equations.

The Attempt at a Solution

In my opinion, we do not have bearings here. However I think it's not just one problem.
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What does the 2nd drawing represent?

Also, please try a bit more to find and post some flaws. After you can post 3-4 more (if there are that many), we may be able to offer some hints or ask some questions. It's important for you to show lots of effort on your schoolwork problems here at the PF. Thanks.

1. What are some common design flaws in scooters?

Common design flaws in scooters include weak or easily breakable parts, unstable or wobbly frames, uncomfortable or poorly positioned handlebars, and insufficient braking systems.

2. How can these design flaws be identified?

These design flaws can be identified through user feedback, performance testing, and thorough inspections of the scooter's components and structure.

3. What steps can be taken to improve flawed scooter models?

To improve flawed scooter models, the design team may need to conduct research on best practices and industry standards, make adjustments to the design based on identified flaws, and perform extensive testing to ensure the updated model is safe and functional.

4. How long does it typically take to fix design issues in scooters?

The timeline for fixing design issues in scooters can vary depending on the severity of the flaws and the complexity of the design. It could take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to identify and address design flaws.

5. Are there any potential challenges in improving flawed scooter models?

Yes, there can be challenges in improving flawed scooter models, such as limited resources or budget, conflicting design goals, and the need for collaboration among different teams or departments. Additionally, addressing design flaws may also require redesigning and retesting other components of the scooter, which can add time and cost to the overall process.