Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scooters part II

1. May 22, 2006 #1
    Ok Jason, since we all busted your chops so bad in your first thread, I will make a real thread for you about scooters. :tongue:

[​IMG]

That's ok, but it looks expensive.

[​IMG]

That's o.k. but again, it looks expensive.

[​IMG]
    This one is for wolram.

[​IMG]
    This one is o.k.

[​IMG]
    Ok, this is nice and all, but it is a NERD machine BACK AWAY FROM IT SLOWLY!

[​IMG]
    Looks pricey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll dig up more later, but these all look too expensive.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2006 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's nice as far as scooters go. I don't want to hijack this thread but I have to say this. My dream car, get one of these Jason;

~H

Attached Files:

4. May 22, 2006 #3
    That car is for old fat men smoking cigars, why would you want that?

5. May 22, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

#
    Cyrus the jag (is) a classic now behave, i can only give you so many points.

6. May 22, 2006 #5
    Come on, if your going to talk Jag, talk old XKE :rolleyes:

I stand by what I said.

7. May 22, 2006 #6

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm looking into the Yamaha BW (Zuma) right now and it looks very similiar to all the ones you pointed out.

I like it because it has good handling as reviews have said compared to Honda's, and it has front hydraulic disc brakes.

8. May 22, 2006 #7
    Yeah, 70% of your stopping power comes from the front brakes, they are VERY important.

Get a scooter that is fast, if you get into a bad situation, you are going to need that power to get away from a car that is about to run you over.

Groan, resize that pic Hoot.

9. May 22, 2006 #8

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How do you do that? :blushing:

Wolfram is right, the MkII is a classic! Its not all about speed / performance, its about class, style and looks. And anyway it would still outperform any scooter :rofl: The MkII does look better with the black vinyl roof though (but I couldn't find a picture).

~H

10. May 22, 2006 #9
  11. May 22, 2006 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Ok, you (seem) to have a grasp on classics so i will give you the benifit of the doubt :smile:

12. May 22, 2006 #11
    Scooters? LOL, what are you, 14?

Btw, I've nothing against scooters :)

13. May 22, 2006 #12
    Toxic bug, all snide remarks should go into the first scooter thread, lol. Please delete that post and put it in the proper thread. :rofl:

14. May 22, 2006 #13

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Actually I'm 4... 2 + 2 = 4.

Note: I'm 22.

15. May 22, 2006 #14

turbo

Gold Member

JasonRox, I love bikes and have been riding many thousands of miles a year for over 35 years (nothing but Harleys for over 20 years, although I had a lot of sport bikes earlier). In your climate, 2 wheels is fine for summer (and a more extended season if you're tough and will ride in all weather), but you should not make this your prime mode of transportation. If you want to use a 2-wheeler throughout warm months, please consider getting a scrambler or something bigger. Scramblers are nimble street bikes with some features of dirt bikes, and they have the acceleration and handling features that can help get you out of trouble. If some cager forces you into a curb on a scooter, you're lunch. If that happens on a scrambler, you've got a long-travel suspension and large-diameter wheels that might let you negotiate the curb and recover with little more than wheel and/or tire damage and some soiled pants. I had a Honda CL 450 back in the mid-70s that when tuned properly would take the 650 Triumphs by surprise off a stop-light. There are some small-displacement scramblers that are very quick (don't discount the 150cc and 175cc models) and you will be a lot safer than you would on a scooter. One good pothole on a scooter, and you will be road-rash from head to toe.

16. May 22, 2006 #15

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I took all this into account of course.

We don't have many potholes here in Ontario from what I've seen so far. I'll always be on the lookout though.

17. May 22, 2006 #16
  18. May 23, 2006 #17

Mk

OMFG. That is definitely, the lamest joke I've ever heard.

19. May 23, 2006 #18

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It's PF. What do you expect? :tongue2:

20. May 24, 2006 #19

rcgldr

Homework Helper

How far do you plan to travel with the scooter? Will this be a daily driver during the summer? Is the purpose to save money?

21. May 24, 2006 #20
    That top one kinda looks like an alien.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?