1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Score Requirement in IELTS

1. Nov 4, 2009 #1
    In order to get admitted into the ENGINEERING UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM in Canada for the foreigners, good score in IELTS is a must. But most of the universities have increased the requied score in IELTS from this year. For insrance, Waterloo University is now asking for 7.5, York University 7 and Ottawa University 7. But my question is do the universities are strick upon their such score in IELTS??? I mean, if i get 6.5 or 7 in IELTS then will the waterloo university accept me for the Engineering Undergard Progarm??? Because, Toronto University, McGill University are asking for 6.5 only. So does it really matter???

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2009 #2

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

Well, I Googled IELTS and Waterloo, and got this page:
    http://www.ucalendar.uwaterloo.ca/0708/ADMISSIONS/eng_lang.html

And perhaps the quote which directly answers your question of why they ask for this, and what they can do if you fail to meet the requirements:

So, if you can somehow convince the Waterloo admission people that you a singularly talented person who must be recruited, then you are probably in. Otherwise, probably not.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook