Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Screeeeeech Change of plans!

1. Dec 25, 2004 #1

Tsu

Gold Member

Screeeeeech!!!! Change of plans!

So it appears that Tom is in CHICAGO for his Christmas/Birthday celebration and... we get to meet his mom and dad!!! :surprised :biggrin: Well, at least we'll invite them out to the party in the RV in front of their house... :rofl: :rofl:

So. Here's how this is going to work NOW. :bugeye: Tomorrow around 4pm PST, I will be revving up the RV. If you are online and want to be picked up, post your location and I'll pick you up. Anyone wanting to get married on this trip, show up or forever (or at least for a little while longer) hold yer piece... er, peace. :biggrin: :rofl: We'll head to Chicago around 7 or 8 their time. Bring your Birthday cards, your Birthday suit, something to drink and something to go with frozen broccoli. Be prepared for the party to last one night or one week. We'll see how it goes... :wink:

SEE Y'ALL TOMORROW!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

p.s.
    Les Sleeth! - just FYI - ALL y'all is pleural for y'all. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2004 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, DANG! I guess I am going to miss this trip. I'll be heading south to my brothers for a late Christmas family get together tomorrow. If you head south on I5 on your way to Chi Town honk as you pass Myrtle Creek!

Perhaps I can hop aboard for the return trip.

What ever!

Happy Birthday Tom!

4. Dec 26, 2004 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That makes it all so much more complicated, especially since I seem to only be able to sneak online late at night (and maybe not even that tomorrow). Don't worry tribdog darling! If I don't make it to the altar tomorrow, there's always Vegas!

5. Dec 26, 2004 #4

Tsu

Gold Member

Well, DANG!!
    Return trip - absolutely! When do you have to be back to work? :rofl: This may be a long trip, ya know! :biggrin:

6. Dec 26, 2004 #5

Tsu

Gold Member

Not a problem if you miss the bus! Just PM your cyberself to Evo whenever you get online. She LIVES with her laptop! And the bus has sattelite internet connection!! :wink: Just drop in anytime!! We'll be there!

7. Dec 26, 2004 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Greetings from Houston. I will try to make it out to the RV tomorrow but it has not been easy getting internet time in a house with three teenagers!!!

It's a little chilly here. We had snow Christmas Eve but I didn't get here in time to see it. Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

8. Dec 26, 2004 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

MATH!!!!!1111 THERE you are!!11 I've been worried that you may have gotten stuck in the holiday travel fiasco, too!! Thank GOODness!!!!1111 I thought I remembered you saying you were going to Texas, but Ivan was afraid you might be headed for Alabama - maybe have to go through Atlanta(!1) - which I thought I heard yesterday was in a bit of a MESS?!?! Anyway - just glad you made it safe and sound. See you whenEVER you can make it to the party! If you miss the bus, just PM yourself to Evo. :biggrin: (along with a box of Fauchon, please! :wink: :biggrin:)

9. Dec 26, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I tried, really, I did, but the clock struck midnight, and my coach turned back into a pumpkin, and my gown back into a potato sack, so here I am, sitting at the bus stop in nothing but a potato sack and looking really stupid carrying around a pumpkin. I can't believe I stood up my darling tribdog at the altar! Don't worry! As soon as the bus swings by Atlantic City (that's where I'll be waiting tomorrow), I'll join the festivities and we can make a pitstop in Vegas on the way to Oregon. Getting married by Elvis seems so much more cliche than on a cyber bus by a Rolling Stone reverend...what other options are there? Who else does weddings in Vegas besides Elvis? Now that Christmas is over, maybe we can get married by Santa...he isn't too busy anymore.

10. Dec 27, 2004 #9

Tsu

Gold Member

Not to worry. You still have a few days to get it together. we've postponed the trip till later this week so we can crash Tom's Big New Year's Eve bash by bringing his parents to his house in Troy.

Actually, the potato sack isn't bad - but, I'd loose the pumpkin. Makes you look - you know - weird.

11. Dec 27, 2004 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought as much. Now, don't go making me laugh out loud...I'm covertly posting from my sister's house while everyone is asleep (except apparently one dog who I can hear clicking up and down the hallway...toenails on hardwood floor). I don't want to laugh aloud or they'll know I'm up to something other than sleeping in here! They don't know about tribog yet. We're eloping. :wink:

12. Dec 27, 2004 #11
    her family doesn't approve of mixed marriage.
    canine/ursine

13. Dec 27, 2004 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! Actually, I figure since my sister works for the probation dept and can look up your rap sheet, I better wait to tell them about you until after your trial so she doesn't get worried I've met a felon! There isn't anything else on there I should know about, is there?

14. Dec 27, 2004 #13

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Now wait a minute! I don't mind being the PF figurehead Santa, but a marriage! That is stretching the duties a bit far. ...

But this is a cyber marriage on a cyber bus in cyber space by a cyber santa.... sounds like fun.....

In a cyber sort of way?

HO! HO! HO!

15. Dec 27, 2004 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

Don't worry too much about it, Santa. I'll probably be able to perform the ceremony later this week when we head to Tom's Big New Year's Bash in Troy. I believe this will occur on New Year's Day. I still have to check with the parties in question and a few other particulars, but since I'm the driver and Reverend and I have to work New Year's Eve, well... the writing is on the WALL!! :biggrin: (I'm spending all this week cleaning out my closets to send to the disaster area in Asia - otherwise it might have been sooner). I really do like the idea of a New Year's Day Double wedding, tho. I'll do some PM'ing and get back to ya.

16. Dec 27, 2004 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I return home on the 2nd, but not sure about New Year's Day. Gosh, it's starting to sound like I'm getting cold feet or something, doesn't it? Though, it should make for one heck of a bachelorette party on New Year's Eve!

17. Dec 28, 2004 #16

Tsu

Gold Member

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1111111 I have to WORK that night!!!111 :cry: :cry: How about Saturday, the 1st for the bachelorette party (after you get home? will that be too late?) and the wedding on Sunday, the 2nd. Or you guys can have a 24 hour bachelorette party!!! :surprised :rofl: :rofl:I'll join you when I get home from work!!!111 :biggrin:

18. Dec 28, 2004 #17

Tsu

Gold Member

No. Wait. You fly home on Sunday, right? Well, hmmm... You may have to elope afterall. :eek: :biggrin: Just let us know when! I sure do want to be there!!!! :surprised :rofl:

19. Dec 28, 2004 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! Yep, I return home on the 2nd...hopefully, assuming Comair/Delta doesn't have any more holiday computer shut-downs, huge snowstorms, or anything else bizarre that keeps me from getting home that evening. It will probably then take me the rest of the night to find my car buried under I don't know how much snow (I'm hoping they got a warm spell to melt it, but I doubt it...it's probably a foot of ice to chisel through by now), and then try to get into my house through it too!

But, I'm here in NYC now...see, I was all ready to meet the party here! I didn't find out it was in Chicago soon enough. :sad: I get my two day fix of NYC once every year or two and remember why I wanted to move far far far away from the NY/NJ area, then go back home happy to be home again. Now I'm going to take a nap. My brother-in-law gave me a virus for Christmas! Those dang Jews just don't understand the concept of Christmas gifts. :grumpy: (He's Jewish in case that didn't make sense to anyone...I give him a hard time about his expectation of getting Christmas presents).

20. Dec 28, 2004 #19

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sorry you got sick. :frown: I hope that your car isn't buried at the airport. That happened to me once. There had been a blizzard and when I finally got back, it was after midnight, 5 below zero, I had to drag heavy suitcases through piles of ice and snow and when I got to my car, they had plowed the parking lot so there was a solid wall of compacted ice and snow higher than my car blocking me in. I trudged over to the toll booth and probably looked so crazed by that time that they called security to come and dig my car out for me. Never be afraid to come unglued, people will help you out of fear. :biggrin:

21. Dec 28, 2004 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hopefully I won't need to come unglued. I don't use airport parking. There's a privately owned lot that costs the same for parking (sometimes cheaper if I get a coupon, and I can get frequent parker points to earn free parking). Their shuttles show up way faster than the long term airport shuttles and drop you off right at the car. At night, they've always waited to make sure I got the car started before leaving, so I hope they'd help dig cars out of the snow too (they do help with the usual things like needing a jump start and helping with a flat tire if you need it). Nothing could be worse than when I lived in MI and the people in the apt below me were assigned the last parking space in the back of the lot; their car was always plowed in pretty badly, they moved shortly having their baby when they came out to find their car plowed in the night the baby was born! Fortunately, one of the other neighbors was around to provide a ride to the hospital.

Coming slightly unglued did get me into my hotel room a bit faster today. It was already a half hour after check-in time, and I had arrived an hour before check-in time, and they still didn't have my room ready and had a long line of other people also waiting for rooms. I was sick and grumpy and had already walked around an hour in the cold with my bag for lack of anything better to do. I understood the room not being ready before check-in time, but once it was officially check-in time, there was no reason not to have all the rooms ready, especially if they knew it was going to be a busy day. I was going to start calculating the hourly rate for the room and ask for a credit for the aggravation and time I couldn't use my room that I was entitled to be in it, especially when I REALLY needed a nap! As I was complaining to the second counter person, while the line was getting longer and I was getting louder (it's NYC, you have to be loud to get noticed), suddenly the first clerk called me over to the head of the line and announced my room had just become available. It's the squeaky wheel in this city! After a nice long nap, I'm feeling much better, and now am starved. Time to go explore my food options (sadly, I won't be tempting my tastebuds too much, I'm sure it's going to be wonton soup tonight...almost spelled that wanton, LOL...don't want to push my stomach past its limits tonight).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?