Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Screen Shield?

1. Jun 28, 2007 #1
    Does anyone here use an extra screen to shield their monitor?

How well does it work? Would you recommand buying it? I currently have a plastic covering that came with the monitor to cover the screen which reduces the intensity somewhat but not by much. I can feel the difference with and without it and thinks its much better with it as there is less glaring.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2007 #2

ranger

Gold Member

I have a problem with the glaring too. It really bothers my eyes. I've even tried that "anti-glaring" coating they put on eye glasses, but that didnt really help. For me, those eye-savers as I call them, really helps.

4. Jun 28, 2007 #3
    Just recently I put one over my monitor. It does make looking at the monitor for long durations easy on the eyes. I remove it only when I need to edit images and things like that.

5. Jun 29, 2007 #4
    Set your monitor's color temperature to "cool," increase the refresh rate, lower the brightness, increase the contrast, and you'll be ok. :)

6. Jun 29, 2007 #5
    I have done the latter two. Minimum brightness, maximum contrast. How do I set the temperture to cool and increase the refresh rate?

What does high contrast imply?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?