Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Screen sometimes goes blank when i open some folders or browser. can you please help?

1. Nov 1, 2011 #1
    Recently i installed windows 7 enterprise in my lenovo. Problem is that system became very slow.. Even for refresh, its taking 5-6 seconds. Sometimes pages are not responding, while i open multiple pages in my browser. From the last 5 days .. sometime, system is becoming blank, says intel graphics display drivers are not responding and has succesfully recovered. Can you please suggest me what to do?.. keep in my mind i am an unknown to computer. This is the first time im using.. please help.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2011 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Re: screen sometimes goes blank when i open some folders or browser.can u pls help me

Go find a windows professional and pay them to reinstall windows 7.
    (Maybe double-check your specs - your system may not be as win7 ready as you thought.)

Reassess your need for windows any-kind.

4. Nov 2, 2011 #3
    Re: screen sometimes goes blank when i open some folders or browser.can u pls help me

That is what I first thought as lenovo is a discount brand.

5. Nov 3, 2011 #4

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Re: screen sometimes goes blank when i open some folders or browser. can you please h

Yeah I know. goes really slow after install usually means hardware not up to the task... we don't know which lenovo this is, after all. OTOH: maybe he has installed from an unlawful copy? Depending on how it was hacked you could get this sort of intermittent fubar.

Then - well, Lenovo's can sell with SLED or Ubuntu as well - if he's upgrading from some other windows, why go to windows at all? It seems like a waste of money.

If it is an old computer, these things may be signs of impending HW failure and the relationship to the install is a coincidence. This can be checked by running another OS, say, in live mode.

So you can kinda see where this is headed.

Download and burn a gnu/linux live CD or DVD, boot from that, see if the problem goes away. If it does, work out what you need windows for in a mission-critical sense and hunt down that functionality in the linux world ... find out how others have made a similar migration.

At this stage we need to hear from @sreesans: not enough information dude.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook