Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scrolling

1. Feb 24, 2005 #1
    When I am reading stuff with a mouse that has a scroll wheel, sometimes I like to arrange the mouse pointer so that I can roll the scroll wheel up and down and have the pointer always land _between_ lines of text (in non-text space, so I don't get the text selector pointer) as the document scrolls. Sometimes I use the arrow keys for the same thing. Does anyone else do that?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2005 #2

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I just print it. I hate reading a lot online.

I just make sure the pointer is out of the way if I had to read an article not worth printing, but then again if it is not worth printing, it probably isn't worth reading.

4. Feb 24, 2005 #3
    Well, even just on physicsforums I do this all the time. You have to scroll a lot anyway and I try to scroll so my cursor goes through the thick of the text without ever turning into that vertical text line.

5. Feb 24, 2005 #4
    I have no clue what you are talking about. I use the scroll wheel, but don't have a problem with it turning into a text line cursor. in fact I like the text line cursor.

6. Feb 24, 2005 #5
    The vertical text line spoils the harmony and constancy of the pointer cursor, shocking it from its reverie.

7. Feb 24, 2005 #6
    yes, I can see how that could be considered troublesome. in fact, YARRRRRGH! Nay, you still spit bile! AVAST! ARRR

8. Feb 24, 2005 #7
    I know exactly what you're talking about!!

Haha, I do it all the time too..!

9. Feb 25, 2005 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Oh, whew! :rolleyes: At least there's a good reason.

I was beginning to worry you might be suffering from OCD. :frown:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?