Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SD Logics Help

1. Nov 4, 2007 #1
    My teacher threw us a couple of questions on SD that I know hardly anything about. The first one one to come up with correct answers receives an additional 10% on our next paper. I would really like to answer them all myself, but I don't have the information about SD to do them as I have never taken a Phil course regarding Logics. So please, if anyone could solve these for me, that would be wicked.

Legend: >=horeshoe = is triplebar

1. Prove that the following derivability claim holds in SD.
    {(t > a) & (~t > b), a > ~l} deriviation: l > b

2. SHow that the following set of sentences is inconsistent in SD.
    {(a v ~c) > ~b), ~b = (q & ~q), ~c v a}

3. Show that the members of the following pair of sentences are equivalent in SD.
    a = b ~a = ~b

4. Show that the following argument is valid in SD.
    (b & (e v g))
    (b & g) = h
    (h > f) & ~e

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2007 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. We do not supply answers to schoolwork here. If you are having trouble solving a problem and show what you have done so far and where you are stuck, someone might give you suggestions on what you might do to try to solve it yourself.

I left your other thread open so that you can show what work you have done so far on each problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?