Sealant question

• Thread starter Samyra
  • Start date
Samyra
This may be in the very wrong place, but it certainly can't hurt to ask.

I have a pair of champagne flutes that I was hoping to decorate with henna. Since glass isn't porous, the henna won't leave a stain, so I was going to just let the paste dry and leave it on. I do the same thing with candles; to keep the paste from coming off the candle, I use Mod Podge glue sealant. However, I can't use Mod Podge on glasses. When I wash them the glue and the henna will come off.

So. What sealants are there that are food-safe for use on glass, dry clear, and won't wash off?

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
This may be in the very wrong place, but it certainly can't hurt to ask.

I have a pair of champagne flutes that I was hoping to decorate with henna. Since glass isn't porous, the henna won't leave a stain, so I was going to just let the paste dry and leave it on. I do the same thing with candles; to keep the paste from coming off the candle, I use Mod Podge glue sealant. However, I can't use Mod Podge on glasses. When I wash them the glue and the henna will come off.

So. What sealants are there that are food-safe for use on glass, dry clear, and won't wash off?
My suggestion would be to look them up on google. You might want to look into something to etch the glass first, might look nicer.