Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Search PF via Google

1. Nov 4, 2011 #1
    Regular PF search can sometimes be frustrating. Some people have resulted in using google search too find PF threads. To make this easier I've added a google search bar in the "Search" drop down that only searches within PF. enjoy!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2011 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sweet! Thanks Greg.

4. Nov 4, 2011 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Yay! that looks like a very nice feature. Google pulls up PF references a lot, but narrowing the scope to PF only should be quite helpful.

5. Nov 4, 2011 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Wonderful!!!! Thanks Greg!!

6. Nov 4, 2011 #5
    Works good.

I once tried to search for "Hawking Radiation" and I got every hit with either the word Hawking or Radiation. Now it works. I did not know there was a library database of this topic.

7. Nov 4, 2011 #6

Borg

Gold Member

turbo, you can limit any Google search to a specific site by putting the name of the site at the end of your query like this:

site:physicsforums.com

Nice to have it here though. Thanks, Greg!

8. Nov 4, 2011 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Thanks, Borg. Too dumb to have figured that out, and I appreciate the guidance.

9. Nov 4, 2011 #8

Borg

Gold Member

No worries. The day that I stop learning new stuff, I might as well be buried. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook