Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Searching for site/thread.

1. Jun 3, 2009 #1
    Hello all,

I could of swarn that the thread i'm searching for was on this site because I took the time to register before moving. I'm back on the internet after being away for 8 months and I hope someone will recognize the thread i'm looking for.

Here's what I remember:

I think it was created by someone with the nick evil homer but I can't remember exactly how he spelled it. (ie Evil_Homer or evilhomer etc).

He was talking about programming some of his physics homework and it started with some real basic stuff but eventually worked it's way through to ballistics and further. I believe it was part of a programming tutorial (possibly assembler).

I realize this is a pretty vague description for a thread when i'm not even certain which website it was on. I've been searching for a few days using variations on evil homer, physics, assembler/assembl, programming and I'm not finding any positive results.

I also remember that he had his own website which was a black color. Had a picture of a kid with a black eye with "Like father like son" written on it.

Any chance someone recognizes the thread/site/nick? I'm itching to find it.

Thank you,
    Dceor

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2009 #2
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  4. Jun 3, 2009 #3
    Hello,

TheStatutoryApe thanks for taking the time to try a search. I'm not certain if this is him. I'm searching through his post now.

Thanks again.

5. Jun 3, 2009 #4
  6. Jun 3, 2009 #5
    Why used that bad word for the poster ?

7. Jun 3, 2009 #6
    I didn't mean it as a bad word. I meant I found the sucker as in I found the thread I was looking for :-)

It is simply an expression to say I have found what I was looking for. It wasn't meant as "It sucks" or "He sucks"!

As a matter of fact I think he is a very intelligent individual and I sent him an email to thank him for that excellent thread.

Cheers,
    dceor

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook