Finding the Best University for 16-Year-Old in Greece

• Thread starter Dimosthenis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for suggestions for a good university to attend. They mention being 16 years old, living in Greece, and knowing English and French. Nick provides a list of top universities, including Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Caltech, Oxford, Cambridge, Columbia, McGill, and Penn State. The person thanks Nick for the suggestions and mentions considering a university with ties to a good observatory. They plan to announce their final choice later on and ask for any further opinions.
Dimosthenis
please if you may! I am searching for a good university , if i could use the term "best" and i don't really know where to search so I am writing in forums to get an answer ! i m 16 and i really need to know your oppinions! i live in greece and i know english and french!so what would you suggest??:)

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Caltech, Oxford, Cambridge

ooooo an answer! so... thnx! would i ask tour proffesion??

Nick summed up the cream of the crop. Columbia is also good, as is McGill and Penn State, to name a few. I would be inclined to look for one with ties to a good observatory. That opens up the choices.

thnx you too! u had helped me a lot! ,im going to announse my choice later , for u to see it and give me your obsections(if u have)

1. What factors should I consider when searching for the best university for my 16-year-old in Greece?

When looking for the best university for your 16-year-old in Greece, there are several factors to consider. These include the university's academic reputation, program offerings, location, campus facilities and amenities, tuition and fees, and student life. It is important to find a university that aligns with your child's academic and personal goals.

2. Are there any highly ranked universities in Greece for 16-year-olds?

Yes, there are several highly ranked universities in Greece that are suitable for 16-year-olds. Some of these include the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and the University of Crete. These universities have a strong academic reputation and offer a wide range of programs for undergraduate students.

3. Can 16-year-olds study at universities in Greece without knowing the Greek language?

Most universities in Greece require students to have a good understanding of the Greek language in order to study. However, there are some universities that offer programs in English for international students, such as the International Hellenic University and the American College of Greece. It is important to research the language requirements for each university before applying.

4. Are there any scholarships or financial aid options available for 16-year-olds studying in Greece?

There are various scholarships and financial aid options available for 16-year-olds studying in Greece. These include scholarships offered by the Greek government, universities, and private organizations. It is important to research and apply for these opportunities early on in the application process.

5. How can I help my 16-year-old adjust to studying in a new country and culture?

Adjusting to studying in a new country and culture can be challenging for 16-year-olds. To help ease the transition, it is important to research the culture and customs of Greece beforehand. Additionally, encourage your child to get involved in campus activities and clubs, and consider finding a mentor or connecting with other international students for support. It is also important to stay in touch with your child and offer emotional support during this exciting but potentially overwhelming experience.