Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Seattle and Chihuahua trade weather

1. May 28, 2005 #1

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

So what the heck? I get down to Chihuahua (4 hours south of El Paso) and they have their first two rainy days of the year. Real rain - the kind with thunder and lightning and hail (see pic). Meanwhile Seattle is having what passes for a heat wave in the pacific northwest. Damnit, Seattle, I want my sun back!!

Seattle heat wave
    Chihuahua weather

edit: forgot the pic...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They're just being nice and trying to keep you from getting sunburnt again. :biggrin:

4. May 28, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

We wish the sun would die here in Phoienix

5. May 28, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Send it my way! It's the end of May and I'm still cold! It's only about 70 degrees, and overcast and breezy. Brrrr. When does the 80 and 90 degree weather get here?

6. May 28, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

where are you moonbear?

It get over 110 degrees in the past few days. Today we get a nice 92

7. May 28, 2005 #6
    70?!?! YOU'RE LUCKY! bah, this stupid nor'easter sucks. Its been so cold and rainy, we've barely broke 60. today was sorta nice... actually got some sun... but it was breezy and meh... i want it to get hot... you know, like 80's woo, thatd be awesome.

8. May 28, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I agree, 80s would be ideal. It can drop down to 70 for the hour or two I need to spend mowing the lawn each week, but then I want it right back up at 80. I keep checking the trees for thermostats, but apparently someone decided I'd keep it cranked up too high all the time if I was given one. :biggrin:

9. May 28, 2005 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

70's are perfect for me, when it gets 80 or above it's uncomfortable.

10. May 28, 2005 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

you guys are so lucky! :cry: last summer it got to 118! We're expecting no less this summer either!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?