Is Secant Equal to 5.38/5?

• Thread starter supernova1203
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Secant
In summary, verifying secant is 5.38/5 means confirming the value of the secant function at a given angle. Secant is calculated by taking the reciprocal of cosine, and it is an important trigonometric function in mathematics. The range of values for secant is all real numbers except for -1 and 1. To verify secant is 5.38/5 using a calculator, you can enter the angle and use the reciprocal button.
supernova1203
cos = 5/5.38

so

secant is = 5.38/5?

thats my solution anyway, just want to check if i got it right.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sure it is.

[tex]\sec(\theta) = \frac{1}{\cos(\theta)}[/tex]

What does it mean to verify secant is 5.38/5?

Verifying secant is 5.38/5 means to confirm that the value of the secant function at a given angle is equal to 5.38/5.

How is secant calculated?

Secant is calculated by taking the reciprocal of the cosine function, so secant = 1/cosine.

What is the significance of secant in mathematics?

Secant is an important trigonometric function that is used to solve problems involving right triangles and circular motion. It is also used in the derivation of other trigonometric identities.

What is the range of values for secant?

The range of values for secant is all real numbers except for -1 and 1, as these values would result in a division by zero error.

How can I verify secant is 5.38/5 using a calculator?

To verify secant is 5.38/5 using a calculator, you can enter the angle in degrees or radians and then use the reciprocal button (usually denoted by "1/x" or "x^-1") to find the secant value. Make sure your calculator is in the correct mode (degrees or radians) before performing the calculation.