1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Second law of thermodynamics

1. Dec 21, 2009 #1
    Says, in a closed system disorder is always increasing, more or less.

But with gravitational forces, matters are sticking together--creating order.

Thus the law=invalid

Can I get my Noble?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2009 #2
    Why do you not apply your theory to say, a collapsing cloud of hydrogen ? Maybe you will find free energy coming out !
  4. Dec 22, 2009 #3

Gold Member

Since you only asked one question, maybe.

I'm not sure what a Noble is so you may get one, but you certainly won't recieve a Nobel of any sort for the statements you made.
  5. Dec 22, 2009 #4
    You should be careful about claiming a law is invalid when you haven't understood the law yet.
    The effect that you mention transforms potential energy into very disorder kinetic energy.
  6. Dec 22, 2009 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This is rather silly.

The fact that you have an external source of energy via the gravitational potential implies automatically that this is NOT a closed system. If you write the partition function without including such possible energy state, then your function is an incomplete description of the system.

7. Dec 25, 2009 #6

Staff: Mentor

Someone already locked this, but I had to bring it to everyone's attention: Nothing more classic than a crackpot asking for a "Noble" prize!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook